Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It tips the scales, alright...of my wallet. But go big or go home, right?
    Out of all of USO's lines about the only one I would choose again would be another ST-10. I've owned several and they have great reticle options, including the internal bubble level which is awesome, but the glass just isn't as good as other lines out there for less money. My biggest issue with them is their electronics just can't handle the beating. I had to have my illumination controls replaced several times because it would just quit working. My other concern is they keep changing business models and moving farther away from a completely custom glass shop which they used to be to more of a production line stamping them out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Out of all of USO's lines about the only one I would choose again would be another ST-10. I've owned several and they have great reticle options, including the internal bubble level which is awesome, but the glass just isn't as good as other lines out there for less money. My biggest issue with them is their electronics just can't handle the beating. I had to have my illumination controls replaced several times because it would just quit working. My other concern is they keep changing business models and moving farther away from a completely custom glass shop which they used to be to more of a production line stamping them out.
    I appreciate the feedback. In my never-ending Google searches, when USO comes up, I end up finding two basic reactions to them: 1) They're awesome but expensive, and 2) basically issues like yours. Obviously it's the internet, but when you start to see repeated, separate accounts...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really want one of these to check out. I'm thinking for entry level 3 gun optic it will be successful or I would also see using it on my22 trainer. I really like vortex as a company and like how they back up their products. They also take good care of LE too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. In my never-ending Google searches, when USO comes up, I end up finding two basic reactions to them: 1) They're awesome but expensive, and 2) basically issues like yours. Obviously it's the internet, but when you start to see repeated, separate accounts...
    If you were to go to a PRS match and look at the line, what you'll see right now is that most of the shooters using USO are sponsored. They used to be a go to for a lot of guys, then John went off onto other projects and they changed their business model. I don't pay much attention to the internet anymore because if I did then according to everyone all Vortex products are garbage and Leupold is still king which just isn't true. If you ever get a chance I still think the best way to gauge a product is to get hands on comparison.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I disagree with everything. To say that Vortex and Bushnell have better glass is ridiculous. But hey it's your opinion. With respect to a custom glass shop, my good friend is having them make a custom special reticule for him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Well I disagree with everything. To say that Vortex and Bushnell have better glass is ridiculous. But hey it's your opinion. With respect to a custom glass shop, my good friend is having them make a custom special reticule for him.
    You can disagree all you want but since I've actually owned 2 USO's, used the Razors in both Gen 1 and 2, and I've used the Bushnell XRS, and actually employed them to 1k+ then I think I'm entitled to my opinion. And if you want to argue in the same price bracket then there's Kahles, Nightforce, and for a little more S&B.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can disagree all you want but since I've actually owned 2 USO's, used the Razors in both Gen 1 and 2, and I've used the Bushnell XRS, and actually employed them to 1k+ then I think I'm entitled to my opinion. And if you want to argue in the same price bracket then there's Kahles, Nightforce, and for a little more S&B.
    Well thanks for giving me permission. I almost thought I crossed the line....you know disagreeing with you and all. I don't really have any blasters, but I have a few airsoft and I play lots of Call of Duty and Modern Warfare all day in my lair in my Mom's basement. I mean c'mon it's pretty much the same thing. With all my trigger time behind my super special sniper rig for milsim on Saturdays, I've tried them all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We can all agree to disagree but this thread is about the Vortex 1-6x24 Strike Eagle not US Optics.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vortex rep says mid summer these will be out

Optics planet is taking pre orders..Just a FYI

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-s...c-reticle.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Vortex rep says mid summer these will be out

Optics planet is taking pre orders..Just a FYI

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-s...c-reticle.html
    And with a price of $329! I hope thats the standard street price. May be able to pick one up before long

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a killer price.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    agreed... awesome price. I may hae to jump on one!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Strike Eagle should be a great varmint scope! And if the BDC makes no sense to you,ignore it and use MOA for your longer shots-this scope has 280 MOA,which will be about as awesome as it gets for an "up-clicker"

Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 BDC

Anyone heard about this?

Midway has it for $329 but it's backordered due to pre release or something. Vortex's site is listing "Coming Soon" but then has customer pics of the scopes in their possession.

Looks awesome. Same weight as the PA 1-6x ACSS but has a lifetime warranty

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...ar-bdc-reticle

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking at them a while back when I was scope shopping. Back then they were saying 'they should arrive in a few months' so if they are not here yet, they are pretty close.

I am reading up on the reticule to see how it's calibrated.

Shooting 69's can be way off at distances if it's set up for 55's. One of the downsides to a BDC reticule...