Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anybody used the Primary Arms red dots

I was just browsing around their site since I will get my barrel from them. They have some good deals on their red dots. Has anybody used any of them?
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used a couple of their red dots. One is an Aimpoint M3 clone, which i think i only paid $70 for (and that included a cantilever mount as part of the price!), continues to work just fine and hold zero after a couple years of regular use. Battery life isn't the greatest on that one, but for a $70 red dot one can buy a lot of batteries. The other one i use a lot is one of their MicroDots. It looks like an Aimpint T1 but with the brightness control on the left instead of the right side. Battery life is better, but still not Aimpoint territory. Both have been dropped, and beat around pretty good and both continue to function and hold zero. I just picked up one of their 1-6x scopes with their patented reticle. So far so good, although i haven't got but a hundred rounds through it yet. They've got some newer models out that advertise battery life that compares to an Aimpoint, and i'm sure they'll be great little red dots for the money. I've never had to return anything, but from what i've read Primary Arms has awesome customer service and really stand behind what they sell. They're not quite on par with Aimpoint, but they're actually quite quite good considering the price point. I'd recommend them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used their red dots and my opinion they are great for the price. Their customer service is also outstanding. Their 1-6X and Advanced Micro Dot get great reviews.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. They have one of them on sale at $99 with the cantilever mount. I want it for my 7.62x39 pistol so, I'll go ahead and get it. It's a 3 MOA red dot - that should be fine for a 10.5" barreled pistol. This gun is not going to be something I expect to have to shoot over much more than 100-150 yards when I need it. I've been building it as a goto gun for protecting our livestock.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you talking about the Larger ones or the smaller ones? There are three "red dots" they have, like the large Aimpoint PRO/Comp series, then one like the Aimpoint T1, and a third reflex size like a Burris Fastfire.

I have the middle version, like the size of an Aimpoint T1, and I love it. I don't baby it...it gets dropped on the cleaning table or tossed in the trunk (while on the rifle) and bumped around. Holds zero and I have no problem hitting what I'm aiming at with it.

Primary Arms' quality for the price is surprising. I'm probably going to get one of their 4-14 or 4-16x scopes as a place holder til I can afford a top shelf optic for my SPR then move it to a .22 AR

This is the one I own and am talking about:

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the one I figured I'd go ahead and get:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...pa30mmaero.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't beat the prices for what you get in a PA optic regardless of which model

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the second newest gen micro and it's fell out of a tree stand and survived. I'm rough on my gear and was anxious when I bought the PA but they are tough little boogers. Best 110$ I ever spent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Can't beat the prices for what you get in a PA optic regardless of which model
    They certainly do have good prices on their optics. I like their Microdot with the Fortis F1 absolute co-witness mount too at $159. I doubt I'll be dropping it out of a tree stand but I could get thrown from my horse with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WIll sometimes they run a special with the ADM mount, thats how I got mine. The fortis sure does look good, but as a combo the ADM+PA is a steal, especially when they run a special. Just my 2cents

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    WIll sometimes they run a special with the ADM mount, thats how I got mine. The fortis sure does look good, but as a combo the ADM+PA is a steal, especially when they run a special. Just my 2cents
    I'll keep an eye open for them DutyUse. The fact that it's rubust and can survive falling from a tree stand is a good selling point - especially since my horse could get spooked by a mountain lion, wolves or even a bear out here and throw me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    This is the one I figured I'd go ahead and get:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...pa30mmaero.htm
    I've got that red dot, but with the Primary Arms cantilever mount. As i said above, battery life isn't the best but it takes a beating and still holds zero.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like i've said before on another post, if this was on my goto rifle, work, HD, etc gun I'd probably go with an aimpoint H1 or T1, but other then that this thing is a wonderfully executed clone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the newest advanced microdot with the ADM QD mount as a package deal for $238.99. I've seen video where the thing is put through pure hell. In fact, to be fair, and I own several Aimpoint RDS's, I don't think I've seen an Aimpoint put through as rigorous tests as the PA advanced microdot. However, the below is a direct cut and paste off of Primary Arms own website..

"keep in mind we do NOT endorse these products for combat or duty use. While Primary Arms strives to sell quality, well made products, they are not made to the same specifications as an Aimpoint or Eotech (thus the price difference). If you have any questions, feel free to write or call us and we will be happy to help you select the right optic for your use."

Granted, that is a blanket statement for all of their product line, be it the micro, or their P.R.O. clones, and although possibly their advanced micros dot may be able to go toe to toe with the Aimpoint T1 or H1, it does speak volumes, and depending on your use, I think those of us that own them, should take their statements seriously.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I got the newest advanced microdot with the ADM QD mount as a package deal for $238.99. I've seen video where the thing is put through pure hell. In fact, to be fair, and I own several Aimpoint RDS's, I don't think I've seen an Aimpoint put through as rigorous tests as the PA advanced microdot. However, the below is a direct cut and paste off of Primary Arms own website..

"keep in mind we do NOT endorse these products for combat or duty use. While Primary Arms strives to sell quality, well made products, they are not made to the same specifications as an Aimpoint or Eotech (thus the price difference). If you have any questions, feel free to write or call us and we will be happy to help you select the right optic for your use."

Granted, that is a blanket statement for all of their product line, be it the micro, or their P.R.O. clones, and although possibly their advanced micros dot may be able to go toe to toe with the Aimpoint T1 or H1, it does speak volumes, and depending on your use, I think those of us that own them, should take their statements seriously.

FT
    Only reason I wouldn't use one for my HD rifle is BC of battery life. Like I said I bought mine like 2 months before the newest gen came out. The new 50k hour one may prove to be up to the task of a serious use weapon, but having not tried it myself I can't recommend it.