Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good EDC belt ???

Was gonna tag off the other "belt thread", but figured a seperate thread would be better. So i am possibly looking at a new gig and need to get rid of my old belt and get and actual good quality belt for EDC, as new gig requires carrying all day, and all though i do it now, the belt im using is far from ideal.

So what are you using? Or have used and didnt like "this or that" about it.
    Not looking for a super thick belt, but a good sturdy and comfortable belt to be worn all day, with holster and mag carrier..If this is possible..lol...

I need some help as there is some many.......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ares Gear Aegis belt. Very stiff, the buckle locks up nice and tight and won't slip, and it looks like a very normal belt. Much easier to use than belts with a cobra buckle since you don't need to remove half of the buckle to thread your belt loops.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The one, the only, the often copied but never duplicated, Wilderness 5-stitch. Get the titanium buckle to reduce weight. Do not get the internal stiffener.

As with most things, most people haven't figured out what really matters in a belt. It is not simply overall stiffness like you get from all the POS "scuba webbing" belts, but it is VERTICAL stiffness that you want, and radial flexibility. The Wilderness achieves this like nobody else.

My only complaint with The Wilderness is that they don't make a QD buckle. I've gone so far as to look into having one of my belts deconstructed and another stitch bitch installing a Cobra buckle. Ultimately, though, I stick with what works,and what really matters, which is The Wilderness 5-stitch Ti.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Ares Gear Aegis belt. Very stiff, the buckle locks up nice and tight and won't slip, and it looks like a very normal belt. Much easier to use than belts with a cobra buckle since you don't need to remove half of the buckle to thread your belt loops.
    damn looks burly and my ginger wallet is curling at the price...Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The one, the only, the often copied but never duplicated, Wilderness 5-stitch. Get the titanium buckle to reduce weight. Do not get the internal stiffener.

As with most things, most people haven't figured out what really matters in a belt. It is not simply overall stiffness like you get from all the POS "scuba webbing" belts, but it is VERTICAL stiffness that you want, and radial flexibility. The Wilderness achieves this like nobody else.

My only complaint with The Wilderness is that they don't make a QD buckle. I've gone so far as to look into having one of my belts deconstructed and another stitch bitch installing a Cobra buckle. Ultimately, though, I stick with what works,and what really matters, which is The Wilderness 5-stitch Ti.

I'll admit , i dont know what i need/want exactly. As why i asked and was hoping guys that use them everyday would chime in, thanks. Looks like a decent belt, i see what you mean with the buckle, id also like a more low profile buckle in a similiar build.

I'll look at them both , but open to more/other ideas..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Voodoo has some belts for sale.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...75-g-hook-belt

I bought the one in the middle with the cobra buckle from him. Belt looked almost brand new and he ships fast.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Voodoo has some belts for sale.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...75-g-hook-belt

I bought the one in the middle with the cobra buckle from him. Belt looked almost brand new and he ships fast.
    all gone

These are all good belts:

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/07/vo...elt-175in.html

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/11/vo...belt-15in.html

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2013/07/th...-tactical.html

Any one of them will work for you a long time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used both a Volund Gearworks Atlas (G-hook) 1.5" belt and and an Ares Gear Ranger bolt (Cobra buckle). The Ares is quite a bit stiffer and worked really well in a couple of carbine classes that I've taken (two pistol mags, two AR mags, and a Glock 17). The only downside for me was that the Cobra buckle bit into the underside of my gut. Hopefully that's only going to be a temporary issue as my single goal for this year is to get rid of the gut.

The Atlas belt is what I currently wear and is very comfortable. I little less stiffness than the Ares but still more than enough for EDC. Have taken one carbine class (same loadout as above) and have used it in a couple of USPSA matches (five G17 mags and a Glock 34).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The one, the only, the often copied but never duplicated, Wilderness 5-stitch.
    What Rob said. I have black and brown - great belts.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys

Okay, i kinda dug around on the wilderness belts

Question: is there much difference between the 3 stitch and 5? As far as any differences you can tell/feel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally decided a tied up shoe string is a no-go eh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Original SOE EDC belt has served me well for the year I've owned it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks guys

Okay, i kinda dug around on the wilderness belts

Question: is there much difference between the 3 stitch and 5? As far as any differences you can tell/feel?
    3 Stitch is more of a dress belt, where the 5 stitch is the gun belt. The 5 stitch is designed to hold the weight of your EDC "stuff" - much stiffer. They both look the same. If you are only getting one belt, buy the 5 stitch.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've worn an Ares Gear Belt for the last 2.5 years. The elastic loop that slides over the extra length of belt that sticks out after you cinch it up wasn't too durable, but everything else on the belt is still working great. I use this as an inner belt for my duty belt, and for everything else when not at work. This is the only real EDC belt I have used so I can't recommend any others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Finally decided a tied up shoe string is a no-go eh?
    .....Lol..always taking shots at the Ginger........

But hey, wheres your input here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    3 Stitch is more of a dress belt, where the 5 stitch is the gun belt. The 5 stitch is designed to hold the weight of your EDC "stuff" - much stiffer. They both look the same. If you are only getting one belt, buy the 5 stitch.
    Gotcha, Thanks for the info once again, one thing for me just looking at them is, i wish they made a sleeker buckle on these though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    .....Lol..always taking shots at the Ginger........

But hey, wheres your input here...

Gotcha, Thanks for the info once again, one thing for me just looking at them is, i wish they made a sleeker buckle on these though.
    I'm lame.

I use a 5.11 belt I bought years ago. Seems to hold up pretty decent.

What's your waist size?