Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm lame.

I use a 5.11 belt I bought years ago. Seems to hold up pretty decent.

What's your waist size?
    Some 5.11 belt i was looking at last nite looked similiar to a wilderness belt or someone elses belt.....Waist size...32/33 depending what im carrying etc..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear an Ares belt everyday for work and have for the last four or five years. I carry a lot in my pockets and gear on my belt. (Construction work) It works really well. Stiff and easy on/off with the Cobra buckle. I wear a Volund Atlas belt wtih the G-hook mentioned previously at all other times. What I like most about the Atlas belt is the low-profile "buckle" system. I allows for easy movement through belt loops to adjust for gear or gun position. The price is also right imo and not as stiff as the Ares belt, but still perfectly sufficient for my needs. YMMV.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply, see again a new guy buying shit he hasnt even seen before ( ME) and im picky...

..the point you make about the buckle, is one thing weighing on my mind, how big are they? When bending over , moving around does it bug ya?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My everyday-use belts are the Volund Gearworks Atlas Cobra (black) and Hook (OD/Coyote) belts. The only time I don't use them is when I'm wearing a suit or business casual. Great belts...worth the coin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I have ever felt the buckle on an every day basis in terms of "wearing" it. I don't have a stomach to hang over my belt though so I cannot comment in that regard. I do know it's there as you can see from the wear, however, in my line of work I am carry a lot of things around at waist level, and roll on the ground for work, maintenance, etc. In any case I've never been bothered by it.

Here are a few pictures for you. Goofy, but hopefully they help. The Ares cobra buckle sticks out as you can see in the first picture and does get worn in my line of work. In the third picture I put the Atas on above my pants to hopefully show the difference. The Atlas g-hook moves the hook away from the "double-stacked" or overlap area of the belt, thus slimming it down considerably and allowing you to move it around your waist line as need be. It's a favorite among some AIWB people for this reason.

Ares top and front view:
    [/URL]
    [/URL]

Ares cobra and Atlas top view:
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Thanks for the reply, see again a new guy buying shit he hasnt even seen before ( ME) and im picky...

..the point you make about the buckle, is one thing weighing on my mind, how big are they? When bending over , moving around does it bug ya?

Downloads
    Uploads
    original soe cobra buckle belt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    My everyday-use belts are the Volund Gearworks Atlas Cobra (black) and Hook (OD/Coyote) belts. The only time I don't use them is when I'm wearing a suit or business casual. Great belts...worth the coin.
    I use a Volund Atlas Cobra also.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hummm..Forgot about this thread........

Note to self...Still need good belt..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Ares Gear Aegis belt. Very stiff, the buckle locks up nice and tight and won't slip, and it looks like a very normal belt. Much easier to use than belts with a cobra buckle since you don't need to remove half of the buckle to thread your belt loops.
    Agreed
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soe EDC

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been sporting a Jason Winnie double layer leather belt. Looks like any other belt but holds my holster in place with no problem. I also have a Jones Tacitical riggers belt with cobra buckle that I wear as well.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use an Ares Aegis belt. Love it more than my Ares ranger belt. Liked the Aegis so much, I actually gave the ranger belt to my coworker. He likes it too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple of 5.11 belts, I also have two SOE cobra belts. The SOE are much heavier duty, if more of a hassle to take on and off. John Willis makes some great gear, just be aware his lead times are pretty long unless you are active duty in which case he will give you priority if possible. He also runs sales quite often if you follow the SOE facebook page when it doesn't happen to be banned. He is nothing if not controversial. In fact Controversy Willis is his back up facebook page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking the other day. I have Volund, Wilderness, Ares, Voodoo all just hanging there in the closet. I just keep coming back to my good old Uncle Mikes Instructor belt. Amazon, $30

Downloads
    Uploads
    Volund Gear Works 1.75" G Clip belt.