Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There's a big difference, Stick gets paid, pictures is a hobby for me.
    You do get a lot of cool gear 😜

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You do get a lot of cool gear 😜
    In exchange for money yes.

Let's clear the air here a bit.

I pay for 90% of what I use and get, just like the rest of you guys. Yes, I do get a few freebies from time to time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Budget makeover for a Armalite AR-15

I pay for 90% of what I use and get. The rest I pay for, just like the rest of you guys.
    Well I learned a couple things I'm just a few minutes here...

1. Thought you got paid like stick did
    2.Thought almost all your gear was sent to photo
    3. I clearly am in the wrong line of work.
    4. I feel stupid now...

Edit: also meant no disrespect UW. I hold you up there on the same pedestal as the others mentioned!
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 12 January 2015 at 18:14.

Downloads
    Uploads

I pay for 90% of what I use and get, just like the rest of you guys. Yes, I do get a few freebies from time to time.
    I knew you paid for majority of the stuff you have. I always thought that most of the stuff you photographed was strictly on loan for photographing. I know a lot of the stuff that passes through the hands of the DMG crew works that way as well. I thought that the WEVO T&E program was built around the same concept.

I do know you have a lot of cool personal rifles and very jealous of the collection.. luckily I have a wife that is happy helping me build our collection :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I knew you paid for majority of the stuff you have. I always thought that most of the stuff you photographed was strictly on loan for photographing. I know a lot of the stuff that passes through the hands of the DMG crew works that way as well. I thought that the WEVO T&E program was built around the same concept.

I do know you have a lot of cool personal rifles and very jealous of the collection.. luckily I have a wife that is happy helping me build our collection :)
    I do get a few pre-release items sent to me, like the Slide Lock Charging Handle and Fortis REV II.

But Mega doesn't send us 10 MKM's or Megalithics to keep. If you want one, you gotta buy one like everyone else.

I don't take anything on loan or T&E. I forget about stuff, and don't want to keep anything longer than I'm supposed to, so 99% of the time, I don't.

Sorry the thread got derailed.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Might try the Aero Cantilever mount too. It doesn't get rid of the FSB any more, but it makes it less noticable.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad you shared that. I too thought surely he's getting rifles/components free whenever whatever and before release even.

You already had it in spades, but you gained mucho respect in my book now knowing that. Honestly if you were given everything for free it wouldn't be enough of a payment for keeping this place going. I'm sure I speak for everyone, but thank you for all the work you put in here. It is appreciated brother :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the same red dot I'm going to buy. For what I need it for it should be just fine.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could of bought a decent pile of ammo and mags for it for $400......

Lol..but really its always easy to tell everyone else how to spend Their money.....lol......Good little makeover comp..

That light looks bright...more pics of it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post

So a friend dropped off this thing with me last week along with his $400 and said make it better. He wanted a weapon light, a RDS that didn't look into the base of the front sight post, a quad rail, and a VFG.

So I looked for deals and this is what I came up with:

MI 2-piece drop in 9" quad, PA RDS 30mm 3MOA w/ mount, PA 700 Lumen Gen II Weapon Light, BCM VFG, Magpul MOE Stock and Grip and a MS1 Sling

VFG, Sling and light mount have not made it here should be Thursday.

Recommending to him to pick up a rear magpul mbus sight. I was going to pick it up but he really wanted the stock and grip over the rear mbus for now.
    I think for what your budget was you changed the look of the rifle dramatically, which I get the feeling was his intentions.

The problem now is your gonna give him the upgrade bug