Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Not sure if I want to change the followers or not...
    At least for mine - the follower held up well, for a range mag that is. Granted I didn't stress test it at all, but then again I don't want to haha.

I did actually try to replace the follower from the get go when I first got the 20rder. I guess Colt manufactured their mags differently than the way modern metal mags are. There's a clip (for a lack of better words), that's used to hold the baseplate on, that prevented me from changing out followers. Turns out though, those pesky black followers work fine for a range mag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a reminder that unless the follower is broken in the 20 round magazine there is no need to replace it. Magpul anti-tilt followers are specifically designed for 30 round USGI magazines, also work in 20 round curved magazines, but do not properly function in 20 round USGI magazines (straight body).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple laying around ive had for years. I'm in a ban state so I cant get any new ones unless im rebuilding my old ones. I have several steel and a couple HK mags. I love HK mags. Wish I could get more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Old school metal magazines...

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I like them with a Magpul followers and Ranger plates.

[IMG] Zero by gostsystems, on Flickr[/IMG]
    I've got this on rotation for my screensaver but damn every time I see it I want that SRS :drool:

I sold all my GI mags during the last panic. I'd love to pick up about 5 good metal bodies and convert with Magpul follower Kit
    Last edited by DutyUse; 13 January 2015 at 22:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a bunch of D&H and BCM (made by D&H) aluminum 30 round GI mags with Magpul followers. I've got a few more from various other manufacturers rattling around and all have been refitted with Magpul followers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have p-mags, lancers, and assorted metal mags. i mainly use my 20 metals at the range.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just a reminder that unless the follower is broken in the 20 round magazine there is no need to replace it. Magpul anti tilt followers are specifically designed for 30 round USGI magazines, also work and 20 round curved magazines, but do not properly function in 20 round USGI magazines (straight body).
    Did not realize that. Thanks for the heads up Eric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a reminder that unless the follower is broken in the 20 round magazine there is no need to replace it. Magpul anti tilt followers are specifically designed for 30 round USGI magazines, also work and 20 round curved magazines, but do not properly function in 20 round USGI magazines (straight body).
    I was waiting for someone to say this.

The 20-round GI magazines went from an aluminum follower to a black plastic follower many years ago, and both are perfectly fine.

For anyone wanting to make their brain bleed with metal-mag minutiae...

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ines-a-journey

the bottom line is, the A-answer here is NHMTG with Magpul followers. Anything else is probably not what you think it is, but it probably also isn't a big deal if what you have is already working.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    NHMTG = Okay Ind = Colt, so whatever is the best deal at the time (rarely Colt).

Downloads
    Uploads
    NHMTG = Okay Ind = Colt, so whatever is the best deal at the time (rarely Colt).
    there were also some rumors that the DPMS mags were coming from NHMTG, and at one time they were the least expensive available.

I generally buy from 44mag.com because they have been reliable for me.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    And yes they're preban

Downloads
    Uploads
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    there were also some rumors that the DPMS mags were coming from NHMTG, and at one time they were the least expensive available.

I generally buy from 44mag.com because they have been reliable for me.
    According to NHMTG's website, DPMS do come from NHMTG, as well as a bunch of others manufacturers they supply.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ive got some in the back of the safe too. I much prefer a 20 rounder for bipod shooting as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    rob_s, thanks for the link, and especially the pictures in the first few pages of that thread. I only went about 3 pages deep, I'm going to dig a little deeper into my metal magazines that have had FTFs. I think I may be on to something from your photos.