Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My SBR build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeles View Post
    Yeah the viper is the one I'm realistically looking at. Though the strike fire they have coming out at the same price point has me curious..
    I'll have to research that one, don't know anything about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'll have to research that one, don't know anything about it.
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...4-Strike-Eagle from their website the glass isn't going to have the same coatings as the PST line and argon purged instead of nitrogen. looks to compare heavily with features in the crossfire though. I do wonder about the illumination though.

I also realize I said strike fire and not strike eagle... whoops

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...4-Strike-Eagle from their website the glass isn't going to have the same coatings as the PST line and argon purged instead of nitrogen. looks to compare heavily with features in the crossfire though. I do wonder about the illumination though.

I also realize I said strike fire and not strike eagle... whoops
    OK, i did see this. It's awful similar to the Primary Arms 1-6 (found here https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...p/paps1-6x.htm). I'm curious to see how the glass on the Vortex will compare to the PA. The PA is a pretty sweet deal for the money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah I've been comparing specs. PA has preorder price of 329 on the stike eagle and it's boasting a field of view greater than even the 1-6 razor, but less eye relief. (i'm still trying to figure out how all that ties in together.. lol) since I've looked through the vcog i put those specs up and compared. I figured if the vcog was my visual reference view wise (not optical clarity obviously) i'd be OK. field of view wise the viper 1-4 and the PA 1-6 have close to the same specs (field of view and eye relief wise) as the vcog. going off those specs the strike eagle and the razor are even more. (maybe not in the strike eagle's case due to the shorter eye relief?) though thats just my very non scientific i think I somewhat understand some of this observation. ideally obviously i'd love to be able to look through them all. but finding somewhere around here that has even two of them in stock isn't happening. (course I did spot a gen 2 razor for a stupid low price on armslist last night.... but the fiance is already yelling at me over the thought of that since we are saving for the wedding...)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of your available options, i really don't think you can go wrong. They all offer something slightly different, and are all compromises in a way (to me at least). The Viper is my overall favorite. You should throw your name in the hat on the WEVO T&E thred, and maybe get to try some optics before you buy.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...Program/page15

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I'd said I was down for that.. i'll have to double check

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I'd said I was down for that.. i'll have to double check
    Maybe you did. I just thought i'd suggest it in case you hadn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saying I'm just patiently waiting on something to torture sounds really wrong...

Downloads
    Uploads
    didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but found a decent deal on a Voper PST and QD mount and finally remembered to take a halfway decent pic of the complete rifle[IMG]pst-1 by Brandon, on Flickr[/IMG]

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice rifle!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice image - nice Rifle !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads