Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PMAG 17 GL9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have to go on a magazine run this year. Unfortunately I have to buy out of state and bring them back. I can own them just can't buy them in state. LOL, I will have both saddle bags on the bike full of AR and pistol mags .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    I will have to go on a magazine run this year. Unfortunately I have to buy out of state and bring them back. I can own them just can't buy them in state. LOL, I will have both saddle bags on the bike full of AR and pistol mags .
    true outlaw right ther lol

$300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, It could be an interesting traffic stop. Sir why do you have saddlebags stuffed full of MagPul Goodness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Castillo View Post
    Why would you have a Glock 19 with zero 19 magazines? I think the point is as long as you have 1 G19 magazines, the rest can be G17 mags.

You carry with the flush mag. If you have to reload, concealability shouldn't really be an important consideration anymore.

I am sure Magpul will release a G19 mag, but I don't understand everyone clamoring for them as if only G19 can be put in a Glock 19.
    I never insinuated that only Glock 19 mags can be put in a Glock 19 (and frankly, I don't think any did for that matter). It's like you said, if I'm going to carry a Glock 19 - I want to be carrying a loaded mag that's flush to the grip ~ otherwise I'd CC a Glock 17 (which I wouldn't).

If I have to reload - I've got WAY bigger problems .......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why would you have a Glock 19 with zero 19 magazines? I think the point is as long as you have 1 G19 magazines, the rest can be G17 mags.

You carry with the flush mag. If you have to reload, concealability shouldn't really be an important consideration anymore.

I am sure Magpul will release a G19 mag, but I don't understand everyone clamoring for them as if only G19 can be put in a Glock 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I never insinuated that only Glock 19 mags can be put in a Glock 19 (and frankly, I don't think any did for that matter). It's like you said, if I'm going to carry a Glock 19 - I want to be carrying a loaded mag that's flush to the grip ~ otherwise I'd CC a Glock 17 (which I wouldn't).

If I have to reload - I've got WAY bigger problems .......
    What Castillo is referring too is that Gen 4 Glocks come with 3 mags. 3 mags should be enough for concealed carry, the Magpul G17 mags would be for training.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    What Castillo is referring too is that Gen 4 Glocks come with 3 mags. 3 mags should be enough for concealed carry, the Magpul G17 mags would be for training.
    Yep I realize that. I'm looking at it as these Magpul mags (possibly) being better than the OEM mags. It's kinda like for AR's, would you rather use a USGI or a PMAG (nothing against USGI, but if I had a choice I'd pick the PMAG)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I realize that. I'm looking at it as these Magpul mags (possibly) being better than the OEM mags. It's kinda like for AR's, would you rather use a USGI or a PMAG (nothing against USGI, but if I had a choice I'd pick the PMAG)?
    Personally, I use USGI for duty, Pmags for training.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Really. Any particular reason?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really. Any particular reason?
    I've broken plenty of feed lips off of PMags. At least on USGI Mags, they just bend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, i dont use the g17 mag in my g19 and i never said i had zero g19 mags. my g19 came with three factory mags. So i just use one of those in the g19 and carry my g17 mags as my spare.

thank you for explaining what i said. I thought it would be pretty obvious.

Im really not sure if magpul will release a g19 mag when i think about it. Since Gen4 guns come with 3, why buy specialty mags when you can just use g17 mags for range/spare mag? People who shoot competitively are usually shooting the g17 or g34 (which uses g17 mags) and we are the ones wearing out/breaking mags from dropping them on the range so much. Your average g19 guy already has three mags from the factory and isnt shooting them on a regular basis. Anyway, im sure magpul will do plenty of marget research.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand what you're saying but I've never had any issues with Glock OEM mags. I doubt the Magpul mags can be any better just a cheaper option.

I have some PMAGS and some Lancers, but use almost exclusively USGI mags with Magpul Ranger plates.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    i got like a bazillion USGI mags and maybe 10 p mags
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've broken plenty of feed lips off of PMags. At least on USGI Mags, they just bend.
    Ah ok, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I doubt the Magpul mags can be any better just a cheaper option.
    That was probably one of the biggest reasons for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought the D&H Industries mags from BCM. I use one of those as the mag in my work rifle, and on my belt I carry a Magpul Gen 2 I have had for awhile. The rifle will not fit into the agency mandated vehicle lock with the PMAG inserted, but it will with the mil-spec magazine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are now shipping.
    flickr
    facebook