Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ok...lets see how long this lasts...

https://www.facebook.com/vdmsr
    In before it gets banned!

Downloads
    Uploads
    [rant]

I contact a buddy of mine who is a social media analyst for my PD, I asked him what the deal was with this - he told me that FB is almost as anti-LE as Twitter is. They refuse to care about anything LE asks, does or says (even if reasonable and within their doing without compromise of their rules, users or anything of that type). He told me that they will never budge and that they track the IP's that you use to make FB accounts on and suggested I make another FB account on a different IP with a different email address, which they probably won't catch.

I am not going to go through this BS and I go back to my original stance of "F@%& Facebook with a sledgehammer."

Figured I'd share to those who LOVE and USE FB all the time - they are anti-LE, anti-freedom, anti-America and should be shunned as such.

[/rant]

You would not believe the amount of investigations start in our department from idiots posting illegal stuff on FB...

Downloads
    Uploads

Facebook, why do you suck so much?

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    You would not believe the amount of investigations start in our department from idiots posting illegal stuff on FB...
    like the idiot in my town that posted last week to the local "yard sale" page that he "got da dank"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they "ban" folks arbitrarily. Good friends of mine own a custom Harley shop, where they do everything from routine maintenance, building custom bikes, etc. The page was under the shop name. They posted some pics and info about having acquiring a new Dyno system. Facebook shut him down because "it appeared that he was not a person, but a business"? WTF? No shit, just like the other million or more business who have a FB page. I guess they're "anti-Harley" too?.. Go figure...
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty new to FB, and I may be talking out my ass here, but I believe that when you create a "profile", they expect you to be a real person. That profile can create pages, which can be for an anonymous entity or business. The profile (and others assigned to it) can "manage" said pages.

I created a profile with my real name. I'm using this just to communicate with close friends. I then created a page for my photography. That page doesn't have any mention of who I am, and people can't tell what profile manages that page (or at least they're not supposed to).

Easiest solution is to create a profile, include very little (or no) info about yourself, but make sure it looks like a real person. In other words, use a first and last name, even if it isn't really your name. Then create your voodoo_man page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @carbonscoring - that's what I did.

I have a few FB accounts that I have used for years for investigatory purposes that have no real substance or posts to them and from one of them I started my "professional" page.

I've been using FB since before it got "huge" I remember when it came out and people were still on myspace...I started a dozen accounts for investigatory purposes (forward thinking).

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, not defending Facebook, but they have business pages, and they are limited to doing certain things. It's much easier for a business to spam if they're listed as a person. I have a business page, and I can't post in groups under the business name, comment on posts anywhere other than my page, etc, etc. I think they do that to keep everything under control.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Well, not defending Facebook, but they have business pages, and they are limited to doing certain things. It's much easier for a business to spam if they're listed as a person. I have a business page, and I can't post in groups under the business name, comment on posts anywhere other than my page, etc, etc. I think they do that to keep everything under control.
    Actually, they do that so you can't really promote your business without paying advertising fees. I guarantee, part of the first business plan draft was "how do we make a shit ton of money from this thing that will become Facebook one day?" The plan all along has been to create something with a bazillion "customers", so that they could create a gigantic revenue stream. Why do you think their IPO was so successful?

Downloads
    Uploads
    @carbonscoring - that's what I did.

I have a few FB accounts that I have used for years for investigatory purposes that have no real substance or posts to them and from one of them I started my "professional" page.

I've been using FB since before it got "huge" I remember when it came out and people were still on myspace...I started a dozen accounts for investigatory purposes (forward thinking).
    Weird. Did they say they had issues with your profile itself?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Weird. Did they say they had issues with your profile itself?
    No, they just wanted me to confirm who I was.

Which I did not want to do since I do not want my real name associated with my handle or else it would be.

I mean, it makes perfect sense on a business level - personal pages for various personal features - business or "professional" pages with limited ability unless you pay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't use my name or fill out the profile.....but then again I only use it for the news feed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I don't use my name or fill out the profile.....but then again I only use it for the news feed.
    Same here.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a giant data mine for direct customized advertising. Period. The thing is genius. Of course they want your real info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    It's a giant data mine for direct customized advertising. Period. The thing is genius. Of course they want your real info.
    When politics dictate, they also crush your numbers when it comes to firearms related content.

Then again, they are more than happy to suck your money from your wallet to increase your numbers and views through fake likes, and sponsored ads.

It won't surprise me when FB gets slapped with a class action lawsuit brought on by all the people that paid for ads and got nothing in return.