Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    What's coming this summer? There must be something I haven't seen yet. I'll start looking it up. Any info you can provide will be helpful. The Supreme Court has already ruled that a trust is a company and not an individual. Granted, if they take up a new anti gun case and reverse that decision, everything could change. This now directly concerns me because I and my wife's very elderly friend has several perfectly legal fully auto machine guns with their tax stamps. he'd like to will them to us and he doesn't have very many more years to live. He has a LOT of guns, but his grown up kids aren't so savvy about guns. So, he wants to have us set up to get all the fully auto ones and leave the rest to his grown up children. Whether this will ever happen, I don't know for sure, but I think it will. If the laws change though, those machine guns may just have to have been thrown into the river next to his home.

Edit to add - if those machine guns get thrown into the very fast flowing river, I guess there will be an affidavit saying that that is what was done. maybe someone gets a small fine for polluting. This IS Idaho though. Guns in this state are pretty much sacrosanct.

I do have a collectors FFL type 3 license - Do you think they will still honor tax stamps for collectors?
    ATF 41P is what's coming…

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

Long and short of it, any individual named in a trust, for the purposes of procuring or making NFA items, will be subject to the same requirements as an individual person filing the same form(s). That means fingerprints, photographs, and CLEO sign-off for each person named in the trust.

The final rule making date has been pushed back a couple times already, and is now tentatively supposed to happen this coming May.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I once posted somewhere, that I don't mess with NFA stuff anymore, because of all the hassles, and at least two people replied, what hassles?
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I once posted somewhere, that I don't mess with NFA stuff anymore, because of all the hassles, and at least two people replied, what hassles?
    LOL!!! What hassles? Oh, where to begin…

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    41P... People seem to forget that, it's looming for this summer.

I can completely envision a scenario where there are no more tax stamps issued to trusts as soon as later this year.

If you want an NFA item, I'd get on it ASAP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread makes me want to submit another Form 1.

I'm thinking a LMT Defender lower for this MRP 10.5

Or a BCM for that 11.5

Sig Braces... Lame since 2012.
    Another AR? That's so passe. I have an idea for something else...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Another AR? That's so passe. I have an idea for something else...
    Easy enough to do an exisiting.

I strangely want a Kriss Vector SBR. Of course a MP5 as well, and possibly a MPX

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    You're such a drama queen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't realize your LWRC pic was from a different thread...

Easy enough to do an exisiting.

Of course a MP5 as well...
    Hmmm....that's a fantastic idea. Stay tuned....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    ATF 41P is what's coming…

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

Long and short of it, any individual named in a trust, for the purposes of procuring or making NFA items, will be subject to the same requirements as an individual person filing the same form(s). That means fingerprints, photographs, and CLEO sign-off for each person named in the trust.

The final rule making date has been pushed back a couple times already, and is now tentatively supposed to happen this coming May.

I'm a veteran - my fingerprints were taken very long ago and are on file - photographs are on file too - I've had a US Passport for the last 40 years. If our local Sheriff needs to sign off on something, he'll do so, no problem. I know for a fact that my local Sheriff and our deputies would much prefer that those machine guns are here in our valley no matter what hoops we have to go through to get them here. If they do ever get here, they will stay in this valley for many years to come. I will give them to the deputy who I trust who is also good friend of mine when my time on Earth is over. I want to keep the guns protected and available to be used if ever needed. My kids can't do that job with them, but he can and most certainly will.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a veteran - my fingerprints were taken very long ago and are on file - photographs are on file too - I've had a US Passport for the last 40 years. If our local Sheriff needs to sign off on something, he'll do so, no problem. I know for a fact that my local Sheriff and our deputies would much prefer that those machine guns are here in our valley no matter what hoops we have to go through to get them here. If they do ever get here, they will stay in this valley for many years to come. I will give them to the deputy who I trust who is also good friend of mine when my time on Earth is over. I want to keep the guns protected and available to be used if ever needed. My kids can't do that job with them, but he can and most certainly will.
    I work for the Federal govt., have security clearance, have a passport, have a concealed carry permit, etc. so my photos and prints and everything about me is documented in some government file someplace. It's the CLEO sign-off that's a problem. I'd venture a guess that most of us aren't as fortunate as you to have a Sheriff, or police chief, or whatever it is your jurisdiction has, who is willing to sign off on a Form 1 or 4, and allow scary things like SBRs and silencers, much less machine guns, in "their town". And then to have to do that for each person named on the trust is even more of a pain. Trusts also help protect the disposition of your NFA items after your death. All this only serves to further erode our Second Amendment rights by basically having to ask permission of your CLEO to own an NFA item, and having the very real possibility that permission will be denied. And lets not forget that the NFA is already an infringement of our right to keep and bear arms. And anything that makes it more difficult, if not impossible, for me to exercise my natural and constitutionally protected rights tends to ruffle my feathers a bit.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 17 January 2015 at 18:55.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I work for the Federal govt., have security clearance, have a passport, have a concealed carry permit, etc. so my photos and prints and everything about me is documented in some government file someplace. It's the CLEO sign-off that's a problem. I'd venture a guess that most of us aren't as fortunate as you to have a Sheriff, or police chief, or whatever it is your jurisdiction has, who is willing to sign off on a Form 1 or 4, and allow scary things like SBRs and silencers, much less machine guns, in "their town". And then to have to do that for each person named on the trust is even more of a pain. Trusts also help protect the disposition of your NFA items after your death. All this only serves to further erode our Second Amendment rights by basically having to ask permission of your CLEO to own an NFA item, and having the very real possibility that permission will be denied. And lets not forget that the NFA is already an infringement of our right to keep and bear arms. And anything that makes it more difficult, if not impossible, for me to exercise my natural and constitutionally protected rights tends to ruffle my feathers a bit.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Fortunately though, this is Gun Friendly USA here in Idaho and our entire LEO force in the entire county is our one Sheriff and 3 deputies for a 2500+ square mile county. They are ALL very pro 2nd Amendment. I was going to set up a trust to get this done for when it happens, but this ATF 41P thing I didn't know about. So, I need to look this up. I wonder if the NRA will sue them for making an arbitrary change that would go against a Supreme Court ruling?
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just read through this 41P. Here in Idaho I know it would not be a problem to have our state legislature pass legislation requiring all CLEO's to process the forms. They do it anyway willingly and our state is one of the states that already has passed legislation that prohibits any LEO from assisting federal agents trying to take guns away from the population. Idaho has also passed legislation that states that no LEO's here are allowed to enforce any new regulations the federal government might dream up. You want a CCW here? - no problem. We are a 'shall issue' state. $25, background check (just like buying a gun to make sure you're not a felon) - they print up your CCW at the local Sheriff's dept. or police dept. and hand it to you. Every 5 years you go and renew it. I suspect that Idaho will soon follow Wyoming in making concealed carry in our state legal without a CCW. We can conceal carry 1) on our own property, 2) in our own business and 3) while out hunting - no CCW required.

I feel very sad for everyone living in the anti gun states. It very much pains me to see those states trampling all over the Constitution that I swore my very life to protect and defend as if the Constitution was a meaningless piece of toilet paper left on a floor somewhere. I suspect our once great country may very well break apart as the Soviet Union did into multiple countries. We've been seeing it happen already. The writing is already on the wall. Detroit is a microcosm of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying that Michigan is Anti Gun or we are like the Soviet Union? Are you sure you meant Detroit? I am just confused by your last comment.......
    I feel very sad for everyone living in the anti gun states. It very much pains me to see those states trampling all over the Constitution that I swore my very life to protect and defend as if the Constitution was a meaningless piece of toilet paper left on a floor somewhere. I suspect our once great country may very well break apart as the Soviet Union did into multiple countries. We've been seeing it happen already. The writing is already on the wall. Detroit is a microcosm of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's an interesting take on the situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBbXAoWRz0

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just redesigned all my rifles by intending for them to only be shot with one hand and never shouldered.

I suggest you all do the same as it is very liberating.