Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    This is on 1x and it looks very close to being a true 1x.

This is about the same position, think me or gun slightly shifted but this is on 6x power

That's what i like is to actually see an eyepiece shot. Very nice detailed write up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    At 4x, the Vortex is less sensitive to eye relief than the Primary Arms, and adjustment of magnification is smoother on the Vortex. I also find the windage/elevation adjustments to be more tactile and the clicks more positive
    They seemed to me like good close to even options for a comparison and I was wondering how the adjustments were compared to the Vortex (which has great positive clicks IMHO)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to update, got the itch last weekend to go shoot it, it was raining/mixed snow of course.... but no football on so i drove up to a somewhat local pit to go play for a while and get it close....scope was good, left it out the whole time up there laying in the snow..lol..sorry no pics.. Scope never fogged up and illumination seemed to be unbothered.

One thing after breaking it out today to go over it as i intend to hit the range/bench tomorrow and get some better testing in.Is that the illumination knob still works fine but feels more mushy, not as positive of a click when switching brightness...just something small i noticed..

Anyways, hitting the range tomorrow and hoping for some better weather to get a little more time in with it....So far im liking it , especially for the price.

But..I Cannot stand the cheap ass scope covers though ,the rear one just sticks strait up in your way....Im not running the scope with it..bugged me that bad, and just cheesy.......You told us not to sugar coat anything...so...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    That's what i like is to actually see an eyepiece shot. Very nice detailed write up
    lol..thanks..the pic kinda sux, but i also among others that dont have the option to look thru many scopes/red dots before they buy want to see what the actual reticle looks like.

Again my pic here sux, the reticle is nice and crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    They seemed to me like good close to even options for a comparison and I was wondering how the adjustments were compared to the Vortex (which has great positive clicks IMHO)

I'll agree with deadwing as i think he has a pa and vortex also , as i do ,the vortex elev. and windage adjustments feels more crisp and responsive and overall a more positive feel then the PA.. also the PA knobs are alot shorter..i noticed..

Downloads
    Uploads

But..I Cannot stand the cheap ass scope covers though ,the rear one just sticks strait up in your way....Im not running the scope with it..bugged me that bad, and just cheesy.......You told us not to sugar coat anything...so...
    On mine, the whole damn thing comes off the scope when i try to flip it up lol. Complete POS, and i leave it off when shooting and just use it as a dust cover when storing it.

I'll agree with deadwing as i think he has a pa and vortex also , as i do ,the vortex elev. and windage adjustments feels more crisp and responsive and overall a more positive feel then the PA.. also the PA knobs are alot shorter..i noticed..
    I do have both, and your assessment is spot on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you done nonstandard shooting positions with it? Urban prone, vehicle centric prone/using cover. Etc. Sometimes optics fail in this aspect due to eye relief.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent question..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Have you done nonstandard shooting positions with it? Urban prone, vehicle centric prone/using cover. Etc. Sometimes optics fail in this aspect due to eye relief.
    Any non standard shooting...No... Just a recreational shooter here....So best i can answer i guess is,...

I can tell , when i had the PA out last nite looking outside, i grabbed the vortex 1-4 pst and just comparing again, the PA eyebox is very unforgiving when the power is turned up, really noticeable in 4,5,6 power for me..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any non standard shooting...No... Just a recreational shooter here....So best i can answer i guess is,...

I can tell , when i had the PA out last nite looking outside, i grabbed the vortex 1-4 pst and just comparing again, the PA eyebox is very unforgiving when the power is turned up, really noticeable in 4,5,6 power for me..
    Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for your time and efforts and for the reviews. I just received this scope from PA (my first scope ever) so I enjoy reading other folks opinions and questions. Unfortunately I still have the scope and the Bobro 30mm extended mount sitting in their respective boxes as I have not had the time to mount them up and go shooting. Ohhh the life of a stay at home house Dad with a 3 year old boy!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your future experiences with this scope and following the thread. I'm hoping to get out next Friday for the first time with fellow forum member "Former11B" and get this thing sighted in. Thanks again and happy shooting to all.

Cheers...Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for your time and efforts and for the reviews. I just received this scope from PA (my first scope ever) so I enjoy reading other folks opinions and questions. Unfortunately I still have the scope and the Bobro 30mm extended mount sitting in their respective boxes as I have not had the time to mount them up and go shooting. Ohhh the life of a stay at home house Dad with a 3 year old boy!

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your future experiences with this scope and following the thread. I'm hoping to get out next Friday for the first time with fellow forum member "Former11B" and get this thing sighted in. Thanks again and happy shooting to all.

Cheers...Mike
    Well thanks ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well time as has come to wrap up my T&E evaluation of the PA 1-6 acss scope

In short the pros for me
    - very good deal/glass for the money
    - well built, heavy,durability is another as i didnt have it long enough..
    - nice reticle, not too cluttered

only real con i can say about it for the time i had it, was the eyebox was not very forgiving on4-6 this is compared to my dialed in ginger eagle eyes..lol..

I would give it 2 thumbs up and will someday pick one of these up for myself...the mount is okay for a range toy but anything more serious i would opt for something a little better then the PA mount

Thanks WEVO !!!