Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fortis Manufacturing REV II

The Fortis Manufacturing REV II Handguard is now here. The biggest difference you'll notice is that the bottom picatinny rails have been replaced by KeyMods. Looks like they are going for an introductory price on Revolvr. $159.99

http://www.revolvr.com/exclusive-fortis-revtm-ii.html

Description:

Fortis REV™ II is an extremely lightweight yet robust free floating rail system. When designing the REV™ II, we’ve managed to further reduce the weight while maintaining strength by utilizing a 1 piece body design. KeyMods were are positioned at 3, 6 & 9 o'clock for modularity and additional weight savings. Its unique mounting system captures a standard AR15 barrel nut for easy installation. It is also piston compatible. Because of the anti-rotational tabs, the REV™ rail may not fit all uppers without slight modification. Fits most mil-spec forged uppers without any issues.

Specifications:

Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Finish: Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized
    Length: 12.375"
    Weight 7.8 Ounces
    Inside Diameter: 1.340"
    Continuous Top Rail Rotation
    Limited QD Sockets
    KEYMOD at the 3, 6 & 9 O’clock Anti-Rotation Tabs (Fits Forged Uppers)
    Uses Standard AR15 Barrel Nut (Not Included)

Made in the USA!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still love the fortis rails, but I was really hoping for a bigger change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I still love the fortis rails, but I was really hoping for a bigger change.
    Throw the suggestions out there!

I like the v2. I can do without the the QD at the end of the rails though. Who uses QD swivels at the end of the handguard anyway?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I like the v2. I can do without the the QD at the end of the rails though. Who uses QD swivels at the end of the handguard anyway?
    Canadians?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I don't get those either, but I guess it's a weight thing. Save an ounce by having 6 holes cut into the rail. And I like that they did away with the bottom rail. Wonder if they have MLOK plans?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'll probably be flamed because this thing is in more photo shoots then a playboy bunny but I've never liked the looks of this rail.

To me it seems like it can't decide if it wants to be a quad or a keymod... But then again I'm heavily partial to tube style rails like the NSR, KMR and ALG..hey what do you know my 3

Not hating on the guys who got them, I'm sure their bomb proof like everything Fortis, just doesn't suit me personally

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I don't get those either, but I guess it's a weight thing. Save an ounce by having 6 holes cut into the rail. And I like that they did away with the bottom rail. Wonder if they have MLOK plans?
    Yes... M-Lok is a few months out, but it's in the works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone got their hands on a Fortis Billet Upper yet? Trying to decide between it and the Rainer for my WEVO build in the wings. Both look good... Hmm choices choices

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!!..Always digging what fortis is putting out..

I had a a regular fortis rail and liked it, but for me just to damn tall..So i sold it.

This and the switch rail get my attention again, as they look much slimmer then the first gen or whatever....Im digging it...

Hope they offer some more lengths and maybe even some cerakoted options, ready to go. in like magpul fde. and the other magpul colors..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Anyone got their hands on a Fortis Billet Upper yet? Trying to decide between it and the Rainer for my WEVO build in the wings. Both look good... Hmm choices choices
    My Fortis Upper has been solid, nice lines, but I suppose that depends on your personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Yes!!..Always digging what fortis is putting out..

I had a regular fortis rail and liked it, but for me just to damn tall..So i sold it.

This and the switch rail get my attention again, as they look much slimmer then the first gen or whatever....Im digging it...

Hope they offer some more lengths and maybe even some cerakoted options, ready to go. in like magpul fde. and the other magpul colors..
    7,9,10,12, and 15 are planned I believe, with MLOK version coming out in a few months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured that the v2 would have came out sooner. It looks good for the price. Wish they would get rid of the qd at the end and make the others look like the ones on the switch.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to get the Rainer Ultramatch upper for the WEVO build, and pair it with a RA adac lower but don't think they offer one w/o the mountains on em.. So dunno yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm I really like the new quadless version. Get this and sell my Ver. 1.0 or just keep it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Hmm I really like the new quadless version. Get this and sell my Ver. 1.0 or just keep it.
    Start a new rifle for the V2.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Start a new rifle for the V2.
    Negative GOST rider the pattern is full...