View Poll Results: Which lower would you SBR?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2A Balios

3 16.67%
  • BAD556

6 33.33%
  • UCWRG Billet

0 0%
  • Atomic Tactical Billet

1 5.56%
  • Other

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which lower would you SBR?

So I am in a holding pattern at the moment, the Noveske will soon go for cerakote, and both pistol builds are waiting on Aero receivers that may take 2 months to arrive. So call me crazy but I think I need to start a SBR build, but don't know which lower I would want to designate for that project.

Option 1. 2A Balios
    Option 2. BAD556
    Option 3. Billet UCWRG
    Option 4. Atomic Tactical
    Option 5. Other

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll vote for the Atomic, since I will be SBRing it once mine gets in.

Though all of the ones you listed are quality lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your the one who gave me the idea for the Atomic yesterday

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not SBR anything billet, especially anything with odd styling cues like the BAD.

Of those you listed, the Atomic and the Umbrella (the names these people come up with would seem to betray their HUAS status) are the least offensive.

But I'd vote "other" and go with this, if you were set on a boutique part.
    http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com...er-edm-magwell
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I would not SBR anything billet, especially anything with odd styling cues like the BAD.

Of those you listed, the Atomic and the Umbrella (the names these people come up with would seem to betray their HUAS status) are the least offensive.

I thought about going that route Rob, but if I'm going to SBR a forged, it would be a Gen 1 Noveske. Plus Akersc is doing a BAD build, don't wanna steal any of her thunder

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

There is definitely something to be said for using a forged lower. My first SBR (and currently only SBR) is my BCM. I could have used my Mega billet, but I wanted something that would work with most uppers. For me, SBRing a billet now is more for variety.

If I was going to do another forged, it would be a BAD-15 as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    All of them.
    Something i read from UW yesterday clicked, if I want to get a trust then SBR and Suppressor I need to shift my attentions toward it, and quickly. Because the process is so boringly long and I don't want some piece of garbage legislation to get rammed down the pipe and ruin my ability to own cool gear. Pistols are cool, especially when you have a CC license, but SBR's are where it's at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Something i read from UW yesterday clicked, if I want to get a trust then SBR and Suppressor I need to shift my attentions toward it, and quickly. Because the process is so boringly long and I don't want some piece of garbage legislation to get rammed down the pipe and ruin my ability to own cool gear. Pistols are cool, especially when you have a CC license, but SBR's are where it's at.
    Get on that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I thought about going that route Rob, but if I'm going to SBR a forged, it would be a Gen 1 Noveske. Plus Akersc is doing a BAD build, don't wanna steal any of her thunder
    Actually she is going with a NTD set. Yes she is going to SBR it but it is a theme build and we know the lines will match up on everything she has selected. I will probably build a BAD build but I would love to see what you come up with as well.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I say do your favorite lower. One that you'll never part with because it's the be you live and your go to rifle. More than likely you'll have it forever, especially after you SBR it so choose your favorite. That's my take anyway

Regardless you better jump on it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be getting a matching set for sure because like you guys said lines might be hard to match. All the one's I posted come in sets.

The pistols already have new homes once parts arrive, so it wouldn't be like I have 3 >16" uppers to choose from. Just the one, so why not make it something unique?

My heart was pretty much set on the 2A for it, but hey if something better was offered up I'm open to change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote is the forged BAD-15, that's the one I'm doing. I'm with Rob_S, I'd rather have a forged one to SBR. A Mega forged is another good one. One reason I prefer forged over billet is the billet styles change often with the trends, forged never goes out of style. That's the reason Rolex watches keep the classic look, they don't go out of style. If I could pick any to SBR it would probably be a KAC.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like my Gen 1 Noveske lower and figured if I was going to Form 1 a lower I am probably going to be stuck with it for ever so might as well get something milspec so I don't have to worry about proprietary parts 10 years down the road. I say pick the forged one you like the best and go with it.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    My vote is the forged BAD-15, that's the one I'm doing. I'm with Rob_S, I'd rather have a forged one to SBR. A Mega forged is another good one. One reason I prefer forged over billet is the billet styles change often with the trends, forged never goes out of style. That's the reason Rolex watches keep the classic look, they don't go out of style. If I could pick any to SBR it would probably be a KAC.
    That makes a lot of sense. That's why I come and ask here at WEVO before buying sprees..