Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasanii19 View Post
    So the low pro gas block that comes installed on the ballistics advantage barrel
    will fit under the wedge lock rail?
    Yes, I have their Low pro gas block on a 16" mega heavy profile barrel with the 14" wedgelock(M-lok) Plenty of clearance. The only place where clearance is an issue will be with Mlok accessories (screw protrusion) directly under the gas block. Sides of the rail are fine. FWIW I also dimpled and pinned the gas block.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yes, I have their Low pro gas block on a 16" mega heavy profile barrel with the 14" wedgelock(M-lok) Plenty of clearance. The only place where clearance is an issue will be with Mlok accessories (screw protrusion) directly under the gas block. Sides of the rail are fine. FWIW I also dimpled and pinned the gas block.
    That is a common problem with slim rails and mlok components. SLR solved the problem by offering a shorter gas block. Works good. You can get adjustable and non adjustable ones that fix it. They shaved a fair amount off the gas block tip to tail and now no more problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you dimple and pin it your self?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I used the BRD engineering jigs. Their dimple jig has a pointed screw that aligns itself by setting itself into the gas port. I double dimpled it and loctited the screws and let it sit for a day. Then I used their pinning jig, drilled it, reamed it and pinned it. IMO the dimpling is paramount to perfect alignment of the block. If you don't then the block may be canted when pinning and will hit the inside of the rail. The top of the gas block has to fit square inside the gas block notch inside the rail.
    http://brdengineering.com/ Jake is a good dude.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMm6nieDP2M
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

MEGA Arms Wedge Lock Handguard

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That is a common problem with slim rails and mlok components. SLR solved the problem by offering a shorter gas block. Works good. You can get adjustable and non adjustable ones that fix it. They shaved a fair amount off the gas block tip to tail and now no more problem.
    FYI: The SLR adj do not work with this rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a super tight fit, but the Unity M-LOK Compatible FUSION Adapter tucks the Scout in very close. I had install the KAC Micro front sight first, and there was definitely some pressure that had to be exerted to pop the Scout into place. The screws that came packaged with the FUSION Adapter were also too short, had to run to Home Depot and buy some #8-32×1/2 screws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just FYI, Zev has .308 versions up now, too: http://www.zevtechnologies.com/rifle...033.1507000064

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I guess its official now, no more Mega lowers...
    http://www.zevtechnologies.com/forged_lower_ar15

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I guess its official now, no more Mega lowers...
    http://www.zevtechnologies.com/forged_lower_ar15
    Not trying to be a heretic but, I kinda like the Zev logo better than Mega's atom. I think it looks sweet.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Not trying to be a heretic but, I kinda like the Zev logo better than Mega's atom. I think it looks sweet.
    I didn't like the idea of Mega going away, but I agree that the new logo looks a lot better.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whaaaat?? The atomic symbol is unique, the Zev logo looks like the autozone logo. Lame...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whaaaat?? The atomic symbol is unique, the Zev logo looks like the autozone logo. Lame...
    I thought it looked more like service stripes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If that's what it is indeed modeled after then I do retract the "lame" comment...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just as an FYI, the Zev WedgeLocks are 6061, rather than 7075 like the Mega and Hodge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said before, Mega is gone and Zev will take the profitable products and merge them into their product line. Sad to see they are cheapening the manufacturing to increase profit but not surprised one bit.