Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Goohead View Post
    I'm a huge Mega arms fan, after using several billet receiver sets I believe their machining is unmatched in tolerance between the pieces. I picked up 2 of these for projects and have been disappointed in a few items:

1 handguard Interior dimensions are already very tight, on the top section interior where the gas block would sit there are machined slots that protrude out a few tenth of an inch that makes anything but the smallest gas blocks unattachable due to hitting the top part. I was going to use a superlative arms piston kit and it's a no go.

The alignment pin to the top of the receiver did not align with 2 billet uppers i have one San tan tactical one fortis. Do not know if this piece is only for the mega uppers? Alignment is off by a hundredth of an inch.

Instructions says the use of this pin is not necessary but I would have preferred to use it.

Other than these issues the rail is top notch, just wish i could use a piston system like I originally intended to, which sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cannot help re: Alignment, but for the gas-block, I recommend the SLR Hodge Defense Gas Block which was designed at the same time the rail was, specifically for the rail. The other option is the Daniel Defense Lo Pro, but the SLR is a better fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goohead there may not be a piston kit that will fit a Wedge lock. The Adams Arms XLP(xtra low profile) is the smallest I've seen, but I do not know if it's smaller than the one from Superlative Arms. You may be able to contact Adams Arms for dimensions of the XLP kit.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Goohead View Post
    I'm a huge Mega arms fan, after using several billet receiver sets I believe their machining is unmatched in tolerance between the pieces. I picked up 2 of these for projects and have been disappointed in a few items:

1 handguard Interior dimensions are already very tight, on the top section interior where the gas block would sit there are machined slots that protrude out a few tenth of an inch that makes anything but the smallest gas blocks unattachable due to hitting the top part. I was going to use a superlative arms piston kit and it's a no go.

The alignment pin to the top of the receiver did not align with 2 billet uppers i have one San tan tactical one fortis. Do not know if this piece is only for the mega uppers? Alignment is off by a hundredth of an inch.

Instructions says the use of this pin is not necessary but I would have preferred to use it.

Other than these issues the rail is top notch, just wish i could use a piston system like I originally intended to, which sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately there is no set standard for the alignment pin. I have found that more often than not fore ends and uppers from different manufacturers don't play well together as far as that pin goes. If you have access to a mill I have cut a slot using the existing hole in the upper. Manufacturers should do that already as a slot works just as well to stop rotation and eliminates the inconsistent location.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some information about the WedgeLock and gas block compatibility: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....-compatibility

Downloads
    Uploads
    old11bravo, are those Mega arms rail covers on your rifle? Where did you get them?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    old11bravo, are those Mega arms rail covers on your rifle? Where did you get them?
    http://ergogrips.net/shop/m-lok-wedg...r-grip-4-pack/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    Default nailed it! The "M" on the covers is the M-Lok logo. They are nice soft rubbery, grippy covers though!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI the only 2 scout light mounts that work well are mlok polymer and Kinetic qd.

*arisaka, MI, kac are no-go for fit, and the aluminum magpul only allows about 2 threads worth of engagement due to the interface standing off from the 1913 sections.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!
    When I used to fight full contact I noticed that it took a LOT of skill to make up an aggression gap, so long as the aggressor did not run out of gas.

Well hell...that was your sig I responded to. Mobilfail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    FYI the only 2 scout light mounts that work well are mlok polymer and Kinetic qd.

*arisaka, MI, kac are no-go for fit, and the aluminum magpul only allows about 2 threads worth of engagement due to the interface standing off from the 1913 sections.
    Really? Roy from Weapon Outfitters has been using our Offset Scout mount on the Mega wedge lock ever since they were released. A few of his images:

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought Roy held his accessories on with super glue and a small wad of bubble gum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Really? Roy from Weapon Outfitters has been using our Offset Scout mount on the Mega wedge lock ever since they were released. A few of his images:

Either a production run change occurred with the rail (Roy got his rail pretty darn early, and I am unsure if any changes occurred since) or with the Arisaka mount (you would know, and probably have said something before hand), or Roy does not have any qualms about the binding that occurs between the Arisaka and the rail on what SHOULD be NON-interface surfaces.

Yes, it will technically work, no, it does not meet my standard for what an interface should be at this juncture.

Here is a photo that should explain:

The MI and KAC looked similar to the above, more or less. The Magpul Polymer section is a thing of beauty.

So guess who has an Arisaka, KAC, MI, MLOK scounts for sale, all new and "un-used"...

The MP Polymer mount cannot be mounted next to the BUIS, or it will VERY VERY SLIGHTLY POSSIBLY interfere with the screw/bolt, depending on the BUIS. However, I really like how mine is positioned in the below photos, and there is no interference that should not exist. To boot, it's also lighter than any of the other mounts per my hand's guestimation abilities (The difference is +- 1/2 an ounce in favor of the MP, depending on the mount), lol

Last edited by JGifford; 25 October 2016 at 06:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect the Hodge is different. Too bad they didn't simply put two m-lok slots on the 45 degree angles like the Mega has.

It'd be really easy to add a chamfer on the edge of our mount where it touches the rail to give it clearance.

Dstrbdmedic167 has a mega wedge lock and uses our mount as well. Maybe he can chime in:

Last edited by Slippers; 25 October 2016 at 06:56.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan on using the Inline Scout Mount on my Hodge rail; is this not recommended? The rifle will be run suppressed most of the time, so I'm trying to push the light as far as possible, so I originally didn't care about the fact that there's only 1 M-LOK slot; should I be?