Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't let marketing speak affect my impressions. An IT friend of mine once said, the difference between he and the sales guys he supported was, he knew when he was lying to the client. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Ah come on, don't sell your self short. You cant loose what you didn't already have.

He is talking about barrel harmonics and accuracy.

Try this: http://www.stocks-rifle.com/harmonics.htm
    Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

This is from from Bravo Company/BCM. Same design concept as the Hanson barrel.

"BCM Exclusive Design

Continuous taper designed for optimal weight, balance, and performance on a semi-automatic carbine.

Heavier profile toward the rear near chamber area.

Thinner tapered profile out front.

No sharp handguard cap shoulder for improved barrel harmonics"
    ------------
    Would I be correct in saying these improved harmonic would be most important when shooting from a bench?

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    But wait, that cant be because their number one salesman said "that's the kind of nonsense marketing that makes me dismiss these kinds of companies and their products." BWhahahahahaha!!!!! I love you Rob!

Downloads
    Uploads

Yet, another thread about barrels. Thank you...

No experience with the Hanson series barrels so can't speak about it positively or negatively. I've only had a positive experience with BA so far so that's what I can report.

Rob keeps bringing up colt and BCM because they are proven. Like I said earlier I would get a known product for my first AR. After you got a known performer then try different products.

I would like to think I do good research before buying parts and At the moment I have 4 barrels in my possession, 3 of them are BCM's. Only time will tell with the BA, but honestly the only reason I strayed from BCM was because I wanted to try nitride bcg and barrel for my own testing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    No experience with the Hanson series barrels so can't speak about it positively or negatively. I've only had a positive experience with BA so far so that's what I can report.

Rob keeps bringing up colt and BCM because they are proven. Like I said earlier I would get a known product for my first AR. After you got a known performer then try different products.

I would like to think I do good research before buying parts and At the moment I have 4 barrels in my possession, 3 of them are BCM's. Only time will tell with the BA, but honestly the only reason I strayed from BCM was because I wanted to try nitride bcg and barrel for my own testing. I'll tell you honestly If shit goes down I wouldn't be grabbing for that one though..
    I'd like for the BA ($225 with LPGB) to be "all that," but I am leaning towards DD & BCM (CENTURION ?) because they are proven. DD seems to be the most reasonably priced of the CHF barrels and on par with BCM. I would definitely try a BA if I could build a few rifles. But, like you said, "first rifle." :) I still have to sell my extra parts to get the money for the barrel. So I still have time to decide. Even if I don't get a BA, I will probably keep my eyes on them to see how that technology pans out over the long haul.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only two companies I know of (and if someone can correct me please do) that have their own chf machine for AR barrels is DD (no experience) and FN (BCM, spikes, palmetto state, Rainer, centurion, noveske all have one barrel Series from them). Now they have more then one series of barrels but more then likely if a company is offering a CHF barrel it's produced by FN (military contractor).

I wouldn't recommend something I don't or haven't owned personally. The only reason I posted the BA barrel originally is I didn't know your budget, and didn't know how many rifles you already owned. My first AR was a CL'd rock river and despite all the people running them down on other forums that thing chewed up untold thousands of mixed rounds with only a few minor hiccups. Just about any barrel will work, we're just arguing vague and to you moot points. Just buy one you like and run it, and then post pictures :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're honestly going to shoot less than a case of ammo a year, any barrel will probably do the trick.

I along with rob are proponents of proven companies, because we know they'll run. I'm also a fan of BCM, Colt, ect because it sounds like this is your only AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Only two companies I know of (and if someone can correct me please do) that have their own chf machine for AR barrels is DD (no experience) and FN (BCM, spikes, palmetto state, Rainer, centurion, noveske all have one barrel Series from them). Now they have more then one series of barrels but more then likely if a company is offering a CHF barrel it's produced by FN (military contractor).

I wouldn't recommend something I don't or haven't owned personally. The only reason I posted the BA barrel originally is I didn't know your budget, and didn't know how many rifles you already owned. My first AR was a CL'd rock river and despite all the people running them down on other forums that thing chewed up untold thousands of mixed rounds with only a few minor hiccups. Just about any barrel will work, we're just arguing vague and to you moot points. Just buy one you like and run it, and then post pictures :)
    A friend of mine does narc raids with his RRA and is very happy with it. :-) I'm friendly with Rob Pincus and he is a big DD fan, but I know BCM is at least as good.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you're honestly going to shoot less than a case of ammo a year, any barrel will probably do the trick.

I along with rob are proponents of proven companies, because we know they'll run. I'm also a fan of BCM, Colt, ect because it sounds like this is your only AR.
    I agree. Any barrel would be fine. But, because I can't afford to be an "early adopter," I'm a fan of proven company's as well. I should be able to sell enough stuff to get one of barrels you guys reccommend. Then it's time to build and chose some sights. :) I appreciate the feed back of you all. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge and feel fortunate to have access to the "WEVO Brain Trust." Thanks again.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a decent place to take pictures, but here are some of my parts, laid out.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Txfilmmaker; 31 January 2015 at 09:35.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice stuff!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice stuff!!
    Thanks, Mustangfreek. I'm pretty excited about it. :-)

Facebook - Marty Callan