Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    . This is the trigger I just won. I also received a Lantac Dragon. I have been pretty blessed! :-) I guess everyone wants a tack driver, but I think I just want the most accurate multipurpose barrel. That might mean 1-2 MOA. I'm not apposed to stainless. This is all very educational and I appreciate all of the feedback. I'm learning a lot. I guess I'm looking for a loaded out Ford F1 50, not a Ferrari. And definitely not a Prius. :)
    You definitely have the trigger for a precision shooter. I have found that building an AR is quite educational. I also found out that the more stuff I learn, the more stuff I want to try out... which gets expensive as hell after a while :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    With the added weight of the Dragon you may want to consider a LW barrel profile. BCM's ELW line has been getting great reviews, lighter than most LW barrels and handles heat like a standard profile. The ELW is $239.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...16-elw-std.htm
    Holding out for the supposed "soon to come" chf elw barrel line. I've been meaning to try one though as i personally prefer a skinny barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of the reviews say that the balance of th 16" ELW feels similar to that of a 14.5" LW barrel. I've been waiting for a 11.5" ELW BFH.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    A lot of the reviews say that the balance of th 16" ELW feels similar to that of a 14.5" LW barrel. I've been waiting for a 11.5" ELW BFH.
    Haha me too, though the regular BFH 11.5 I got paired with a KMR already balances well. I have a sneaking suspicion the 11.5 and 16's will sell out quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You definitely have the trigger for a precision shooter. I have found that building an AR is quite educational. I also found out that the more stuff I learn, the more stuff I want to try out... which gets expensive as hell after a while :)
    I am enjoying learning. This is a great place for that. If I had the money, I could see how it would be easy want to do different builds. I'm thrilled to be this close to my first one. :)
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am enjoying learning. This is a great place for that. If I had the money, I could see how it would be easy want to do different builds. I'm thrilled to be this close to my first one. :)
    Whatever you do, don't have any leftover parts. Not even a roll pin. It will turn into another rifle before you know it.

I'm glad you're able to get into this one way or the other, and I think you'll love it. And you're gonna have one nice rifle when it's over with all those parts you cashed in on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    :-)
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm certainly interested in the Hanson profile: http://www.nrablog.com/post/2015/01/...mitations.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm certainly interested in the Hanson profile: http://www.nrablog.com/post/2015/01/...mitations.aspx
    Thanks for the link. Since I don't have the money yet, I have time to research and make up my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're in Spring I am right up the road. I would be glad to show you my build so you can get a feel for it and what all you're getting into. We can compare notes if you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Whatever you do, don't have any leftover parts. Not even a roll pin. It will turn into another rifle before you know it.

I'm glad you're able to get into this one way or the other, and I think you'll love it. And you're gonna have one nice rifle when it's over with all those parts you cashed in on.
    He's likely going to be stuck for sure then. He needs to get lower pins and springs. If the kit comes with trigger springs or trigger pins, he's going to have them left over. That will end up meaning another rifle down the road
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like he's already gotten bite by the bug. Welcome to the sickness, it's expensive and incurable :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're in Spring I am right up the road. I would be glad to show you my build so you can get a feel for it and what all you're getting into. We can compare notes if you want.
    That's great. I will have to take you up on that. :)

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Sounds like he's already gotten bite by the bug. Welcome to the sickness, it's expensive and incurable :)
    DutyUse. Until about seven years ago, I never owned a firearm. My father-in-law was a gunsmith. I would politely ask him questions about what he did, but was only mildly interested. Then he gave me my first gun. A Colt 1911. I started going to the range and learning how to shoot it. I was hooked quickly! Next thing you know I have my concealed carry permit, a Glock 19, a Ruger 22 rifle and I'm consuming gun information daily. If I'd had the money, I probably would have five or six more firearms by now. After convincing my younger brother to go to the shooting range with me, he went out and bought four firearms in the span of five months. It is addicting. :-) I also work on a television show called Stop The Threat. It showed up at our production company about three years ago. I've gotten to meet Rob Pincus, Kathy Jackson, West Doss, a former FBI agent and Rich Portwood. You would not know who Rich Portwood is unless you watch the show. He is not famous, but he's a "salt of the earth" Midwest police officer who are now become friends with. And now I am making friends here. :)

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do you shoot/train?

Facebook - Marty Callan