Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New LWRC subgun

Downloads
    Uploads

New LWRC subgun

http://youtu.be/QuJ7mPMINOQ?t=2m30s

Thoughts? Supposedly it will eventually come in 9mm, .40 and .45 caliber. Unlikely I'll ever own one due to MD's new laws being retarded, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have wanted a 45 cal sub gun for a long time. I don't know if I would drop the cash for one though. I guess it would depend on the price point. It looks like a more compact UMP 45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guesstimates from lwrc's both is 2016 release and a $2000-$2500 price point.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    $2500, comes out 2016.

Lwrc will use their own mags, will have 9mm conversation available. design makes it heavier than ump45, but more stable. 7inch barrel.

the price is going to be an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a question for you folks in the know.

I see this gun and I automatically want one no doubt. But of course there is that damned $200 SBR tax stamp and another $200 stamp for a suppressor.

Now for the sake of argument let's say this also has 3 round burst/fully auto variants available to 'someone' IE law enforcement or whatever.

I am not quite sure of how the whole 1986 law applies when it comes to new fully auto rifles etc. I have heard in other places that '1986' essentially stopped the production and sale of any new fully auto firearms on the civilian market... well I guess so... but I am not sure. So for those who buy full auto sub guns, they have to buy guns that were already out before 1986? Or can any 'new' guns like this be sold in 3 round/full auto provided you do all the bullshit paperwork and pay all your taxes on it?

What's the story? $200 bucks and you can get an SBR. $200 and you can get a suppressor. I assume it's another $200 if you want to transfer a class 3 weapon (full auto)... but can I buy a NEW full auto provided I jump through the hoops or is that a no no?

Downloads
    Uploads
    no auto unless it was manufactured and registered by 1986 unless you're a law enforcement agency or a class 3 FFL with a demo letter from a law enforcement agency.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    no auto unless it was manufactured and registered by 1986 unless you're a law enforcement agency or a class 3 FFL with a demo letter from a law enforcement agency.
    So my hopes of buying a brand spanking new fresh off the factory floor MP5 are shot all to hell unless I become a class 3 dealer?

Why do you need a demo letter from law enforcement? What is the purpose of that? So a regular class 3 just allows you do deal in pre-1986 full auto... but you have yet another hoop if you want a 2015 fully auto (even as a dealer)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    So my hopes of buying a brand spanking new fresh off the factory floor MP5 are shot all to hell unless I become a class 3 dealer?

Why do you need a demo letter from law enforcement? What is the purpose of that? So a regular class 3 just allows you do deal in pre-1986 full auto... but you have yet another hoop if you want a 2015 fully auto (even as a dealer)?
    You can still find brand new-never used Pre-'86 MP5s. It'll cost you $30k though. You'd be surprised how many unused/like new pre-86 guns are out there. Lots of people bought and registered them for an investment and stashed them away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I understand it it's because they want to limit civilian ownership of full auto weapons. You need a class 3 FFL, so that limits the amount of people right off the bat, especially since the ATF doesn't really approve FFLs without a storefront anymore. On top of that, they don't want people to get their class 3 FFLs just to be able to have full auto weapons, so they want you to actually be trying to sell one to an authorized entity (law enforcement agency), hence their requirement for a demo letter from a law enforcement agency.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    You can still find brand new-never used Pre-'86 MP5s. It'll cost you $30k though. You'd be surprised how many unused/like new pre-86 guns are out there. Lots of people bought and registered them for an investment and stashed them away.
    I went and had a range day with a couple of them a few months back. An MP40 and an MP5. I like the fun switch.

A friend has one of each.

He has entirely too much money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can never have enough fun coupons

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must have one of these! SBR with an Osprey 45K on the end. If the photos are to be believed, this will take AR pistol grips and triggers. Can anyone confirm?

Downloads
    Uploads
    wish it had an AR style mag release though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I must have one of these! SBR with an Osprey 45K on the end. If the photos are to be believed, this will take AR pistol grips and triggers. Can anyone confirm?
    Ya on their forum it says mil spec AR parts. The guys there are trying to see if an AR buffer and stock or compact stock can replace the current one. Also says most likely available to civilian market in 2016... So you have time to save. Takes US made UMP mags too.
    Last edited by Tyrannosaur; 24 January 2015 at 20:39. Reason: auto correct is a moron