Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll eventually shoot this thing again, but for now...

MP5 PA MDS by D T, on Flickr

MP5 PA MDS by D T, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided to hobble my way out to the range today and rezero the MDS. First of all, the claw mounts on delayed roller-lock guns are really ridiculous. You get so spoiled by pic rails. But I digress...

Before leaving home, I double-checked to make sure the dot was still turned on. When I received it, I originally turned it on 20 Jan 2015. At the range today, as I was trying to increase the brightness due to the sun, the optic died. The optic came with a Sony 2032 battery, and who knows what kind of temperature extremes it went through in shipping before it got to me. But doing the math, it looks like the battery lasted 7,488 hours (or 312 days). Still not bad for a ~$150 optic. I can't say what intensity it was set at the whole time, since the settings are digital, but it was probably no more than about half-way.

On to shooting... Once a new Duracell battery was put in, it got a workout on zeroing. Due to the B&T mount not being 100% flat, I ended up at the stop of the elevation adjustment. After some adjustment on the mount, I had some head room and the optic could be zeroed internally. Total round count today wasn't earth-shattering, but 29 rounds unsuppressed and 71 rounds suppressed. Seemed to be holding zero once I squared away the position of the 3-lug mount on the can.

I'll continue to let the dot run and see how far it will go again. Hopefully it can hit 10,000 hours this time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided to take out the MP5 tomorrow and checked the dot tonight. Completely dead. Doing the math, that's 13,944, but I'm sure this died long before that. Time for another battery.

Bottom line: Haven't seen anywhere near 50K hours on this thing. But it's back working and away we go again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had one of those, but had way to many RD's vs. things to mount them to. I have to say that the performance was almost as good as my Aimpoints. Gave it away here in a giveaway. The major difference in performance, for me, was that the Aimpoint was better in bright sunlight. Also, if you can swim 100 ft. down, to get it, the Aimpoint had a better warranty. Seriously, not a bad sight at all if someone doesn't want to spend $600 to $700 for an Aimpoint T1 or T2.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper