Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    SOCOM cans work fine on Legacy mounts. You should be just fine.
    And this is why Surefire gets paid the big bucks lol. Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of that fact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SOCOM cans work fine on Legacy mounts. You should be just fine.
    As long as you don't mind your can spinning on your mount.

Personally, I paid too much, and waited too long to put SOCOM cans on the wrong mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As long as you don't mind your can spinning on your mount.

Personally, I paid too much, and waited too long to put SOCOM cans on the wrong mounts.
    It will spin only if you grab it and rotate it manually. Yes, it is not axially "fixed" like the correct can on the correct mount. However, I've shot my SOCOM can just fine on my 212 alpha mounts. I'm just waiting for the next fun thing from SF before I go and buy the current mounts. I hate the 'ping that the SOCOM mounts current, have.

That said, we are discussing a blast-chamber in this thread...not a suppressor. Does it really matter if it rotates axially a bit if you grabbed it and rotated it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will spin only if you grab it and rotate it manually. Yes, it is not axially "fixed" like the correct can on the correct mount. However, I've shot my SOCOM can just fine on my 212 alpha mounts. I'm just waiting for the next fun thing from SF before I go and buy the current mounts. I hate the 'ping that the SOCOM mounts current, have.

That said, we are discussing a blast-chamber in this thread...not a suppressor. Does it really matter if it rotates axially a bit if you grabbed it and rotated it?
    Like I said, I waited too long and paid too much. I'll use the correct mounts for what they were designed for. I agree, the blast shield is not a big deal though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Like I said, I waited too long and paid too much. I'll use the correct mounts for what they were designed for. I agree, the blast shield is not a big deal though.
    I've run my SOCOMs on several legacy mounts as I slowly convert rifles (since it's pricey to switch them out), but the single biggest reason why I haven't changed out the mount on my Block 2 clone is because SF doesn't make a bird cage mount for the SOCOM. I'd rather have the mild compensation of the bird cage than the lack of anything from the SF3P. If I used my rifle in a place where flash mattered (like you and a patrol rifle), I'd certainly switch, but for now, the -212 mount checks the block and still allows me to be accurate out to 200, even if it spins (which I haven't witnessed, yet).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    They are saying it's already in production and will be available soon.
    very nice. Im about to buy my first can, looking at a Socom 762 mini ( i know AAC are cheaper and good cans, ive been convinced the mounting system of SF is better take it for what you will) so this is exciting to me!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    very nice. Im about to buy my first can, looking at a Socom 762 mini ( i know AAC are cheaper and good cans, ive been convinced the mounting system of SF is better take it for what you will) so this is exciting to me!
    I know you're looking at a Socom but you do know that Silencerco just announced the "Spec" program. Cans at a decent discount for Leo/mil/fire/Ems etc... And since you are LEO...Just food for thought. I'm getting ready to buy a Osprey45 because of the new program lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I know you're looking at a Socom but you do know that Silencerco just announced the "Spec" program. Cans at a decent discount for Leo/mil/fire/Ems etc... And since you are LEO...Just food for thought. I'm getting ready to buy a Osprey45 because of the new program lol
    I did not know this lol I'll have to look into it. Why is buying a can such a hard choice? Now I guess I know what my wife goes through when shopping...
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I did not know this lol I'll have to look into it. Why is buying a can such a hard choice? Now I guess I know what my wife goes through when shopping...
    Thread created in NFA section with what I know... And yes I had the same problem now I just want one for each. If we didn't have to buy stamps Id have have another can already!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    They are saying it's already in production and will be available soon.
    Define "soon"

Surefire read my mind with this one. I was getting ready to start designing/making my own but it would have looked liked shit comparatively.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I've got my eyes on this one and the VG6, if only just to try.
    I know this is the AAC thread, but I spoke to Jayden at VG6 tonight, and his blast shield is targeted for next month. He wants to be at around $70 retail. I think at that price, he's going to kill the market for blast shields.