Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about this yesterday for a minute and figured it would be a good study into the tactical market.

Someone has an idea of a blast shield - or the like - a device that covers an already attached muzzle device.

Companies that create muzzle devices decided to get on the band wagon. Some got it right (Gemtech for example) some got it wrong - SAI, as pictured, who only got into the mix specifically to make the most absurdly expensive and gaudy "blast shield" they could thing of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the blast shields look heavy, except for the VG6.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the look but im sure it adds a lot of weight and length... and $1200 bones! yikes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I think a blast sheild on a 5.56 is a joke anyway. Same thing with all the debate about brakes. I guess growing up shooting heavier calibers and shotguns raised my level of tolerence but the difference between a A2 and the highest rated brakes is almost non existent to me. .308 and up I feel the benefits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Honestly I think a blast sheild on a 5.56 is a joke anyway. Same thing with all the debate about brakes. I guess growing up shooting heavier calibers and shotguns raised my level of tolerence but the difference between a A2 and the highest rated brakes is almost non existent to me. .308 and up I feel the benefits.
    I shoot almost entirely outside, so to me I don't see blast shields benefiting me. Don't know if most of the blast shields on the market were designed for decibels or shooting from different positions. A lot of the blast shields to me look like they were designed to be faux suppressors, except the one from VG6.

The one from VG6 looks a lot lower profile. And from the videos it appears to make their Epsilon behave like a hybrid comp once applied, similar to a Battlecomp. The videos of these new blast shields look like they increase muzzle movement quite a bit once applied.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ever been inside a structure (with walls and a roof) and had a 5.56 round go off near you? There is a reason why people run cans inside and its not only for sound suppression.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I shoot almost entirely outside, so to me I don't see blast shields benefiting me. Don't know if most of the blast shields on the market were designed for decibels or shooting from different positions. A lot of the blast shields to me look like they were designed to be faux suppressors, except the one from VG6.

The one from VG6 looks a lot lower profile. And from the videos it appears to make their Epsilon behave like a hybrid comp once applied, similar to a Battlecomp. The videos of these new blast shields look like they increase muzzle movement quite a bit once applied.
    A blast shield would mainly benefit the person shooting next to you. I know you have shot next to a guy with a 2 port muzzle brake. I know I have, heck I am that guy with the brake and I can feel the blast at the rear of the gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of my friends I shoot with use brakes. Outside the brakes don't bother me, even standing beside them. Shooting inside is the only time that the brakes bother me.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Most of my friends I shoot with use brakes. Outside the brakes don't bother me, even standing beside them. Shooting inside is the only time that the brakes bother me.
    I hate a brake! Frickin GASwamper has one on his 6.8 at the range shoot. Made everyone jump everytime he shot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Have you ever been inside a structure (with walls and a roof) and had a 5.56 round go off near you? There is a reason why people run cans inside and its not only for sound suppression.
    Yes. More than I ever want to experience again. I still say the problem is with the unneeded obnoxious brakes. I use a PWS CQB device on a SBR I take to an indoor range when my schedule keeps me from my outdoor locations. Great little muzzle device.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. More than I ever want to experience again. I still say the problem is with the unneeded obnoxious brakes. I use a PWS CQB device on a SBR I take to an indoor range when my schedule keeps me from my outdoor locations. Great little muzzle device.
    One of my "go to's" for cqb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just put one on my Sig 556 pistol too. Maybe someone on here can swing by and take some decent pics for me LOL Like a photography forum around here.