Downloads
    Uploads

Which Taco setup?

Ok so word is I might be pulled out of the jail and put into the field as a Patrol Deputy (woot woot!! ) so i want your opinion. I will be using High Speed Gear pistol taco's for my spare mags. I plan to have 3 spares on my belt. Now the question is do I go with the new belt mount taco's that attach with Velcro or get the standard molle type and use the raven concealment moduloader system to attach them to the belt? I plan to have these mags in the 11 o'clock position (as close to 12 o clock as possible) Here are some pros and cons I see with each system.

Belt mount:

Pros: easy setup, easily moved into the best position, can be easily removed to place on different belts if need be, less hardware to deal with.

Cons: could possibly be ripped off belt?, not sure how well pouches will stay attached to outer belt with a Velcro inner belt. ( not sure about any of these)

(Pictures of belt mount)

Moduloader:

Pros: more stable system on belt, adjustable ride heights

Cons: more hardware, not as easily moved from different belts if needed.
    (Pictures of moduloader)

I'm not sure if I missed some pros and cons for either system but that's what I have for now.. Please feel free to add more if you can come up with them also if you have experience with either of these setup please chime in. I have some tacos and have had them for years but they are on a battle belt with the malice clips ( pain in the ass clips)

*all images pulled from the googles or Instagram*
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    So does the department furnish the equipment, or can you buy whatever you want?

And hey, congrats on your promotion to the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So does the department furnish the equipment, or can you buy whatever you want?

And hey, congrats on your promotion to the road.
    Thank you sir! We can buy whatever we want pretty much. It's nice, our agency doesn't really limit a lot of the type of gear you carry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't bee too worried about things being ripped off your belt. I have only seen one thing ripped off a belt. And that was holsters with the gun still in them. Always in training.

I'm a little jealous of a light weight duty belt. I am still wearing the leather/pleather Sam Brown belt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBomb View Post
    I wouldn't bee too worried about things being ripped off your belt. I have only seen one thing ripped off a belt. And that was holsters with the gun still in them. Always in training.

I'm a little jealous of a light weight duty belt. I am still wearing the leather/pleather Sam Brown belt.
    I'm sure it won't happen much but since the belt mount pouches only attach with two Velcro straps my concern is if Ina scuffle if they were grabbed could they be pulled off. I haven't seen any of the belt mount tacos in person to play with so I'm just unsure of them at the moment. I'm not a fan of the standard double mag holders.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which Taco setup?

Congrats bro :) can't wait for my day to come aswell

Haven't played with to many tacos (gigty) but I would share your concern with Velcro. Even if it stayed in place without concern of being ripped off I have found with my personal gear that Velcro wears quickly and is kind of a pain with dirt, seeds whatever getting stuck in it when training etc.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 5 February 2015 at 00:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Congrats bro :) can't wait for my day to come aswell

Haven't played with to many tacos (gigty) but I would share your concern with Velcro. Even if it stayed in place without concern of being ripped off I have found with my personal gear that Velcro wears quickly and is kind of a pain with dirt, seeds whatever getting stuck in it when training etc.
    Thanks! I've been working in the jail for about a year and a half to two years now I'm excited to take the next step in my career.

You bring up a good point with the dirt and such. Being in Oklahoma I'm sure do get a lot of crap mixed into the Velcro.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which Taco setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Thanks! I've been working in the jail for about a year and a half to two years now I'm excited to take the next step in my career.

You bring up a good point with the dirt and such. Being in Oklahoma I'm sure do get a lot of crap mixed into the Velcro.
    I'm 3 in and still waiting with no clear eta. I don't mind putting my time in but like you am excited to take that next step.

I've had skilled kydex makers tell me to go with tacos so that gives a lot of credibility personally. I'm sure whatever attachment method you choice you'll be gtg. But please no costa thigh Rigs
    Last edited by DutyUse; 5 February 2015 at 04:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not running the taco's on a duty belt setup, but wear them sometimes on the moduloader while in plain clothes. The belt mounted tacos came out a few weeks after I purchased the moduloader and tacos--I wish I had gone with them. I like Ravens stuff, but the moduloader just doesn't feel that durable. It has a good amount of flex and shifts a good bit. I wouldn't feel comfortable with them on a duty belt. FWIW, I have quite a few tacos. They're good versatile pouches, but If I were worried about retention and was just carrying magazines I would look at the Esstac Kwyi. In my experience they retain mags much better, but still offer a fast reload.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ast View Post
    If I were worried about retention and was just carrying magazines I would look at the Esstac Kwyi. In my experience they retain mags much better, but still offer a fast reload.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3wnH1VOiWg

Nice setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not so much worried about mag retention because I know how well the tacos hold mags I'm more worried about the belt mount tacos mounting integrity.