Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Online Deals/Sales (Seal 1)

I am not trying to advertise for any particular company but I thought I would share some information for the benefit of WEVO members.

I got turned on to Seal 1 and love the stuff. It works fantastic. I have also found a source for it that is by FAR the best I have been able to find anywhere on the net. A place called Kittery Trading Post is where I got it.

Here is a link.

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/

I would highly recommend that you sign up for their email list. It goes to my gmail promotions box but I still check it... today they sent me an email that had a 30% off sale with free shipping thrown in. This particular sale is over now but from time to time they have stuff like that. This is the second such sale I have seen along these lines in just two or three months. This one was a 'Patriots won the super bowl sale'... but they do them every now and again apparently.

On Amazon an 8oz bottle of SEAL 1 liquid is about $24 PLUS shipping... but with Kittery Trading Post I got TWO 8oz bottles delivered to the door with free shipping for a grand total of $27.99. That is all inclusive of 16 oz of SEAL 1 liquid and shipping all together.

Compared to Amazon that's like a 2 for 1 deal. It was a very very good price.

Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone looking to save some bucks for a nice product. I haven't looked at what other products they sell but with deals like that I certainly might look more closely now and see if there is a deal to be had on other stuff. Too bad the deal excluded ammo... but for other things, not too shabby.

It's definitely worth a follow because that was a killer deal on the Seal 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been running this stuff on a few firearms and I am impressed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am assuming it is a lubricant?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wasn't this the same guy that invented Frog Lube?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I am assuming it is a lubricant?
    Yes it's like Frog lube only better

The stuff is amazing. I have been using it for a while now. Voodoo man turned me onto and I tried it... fan friggin tastic stuff.

But regardless if you use that or something else... that store was doing 30% off with free UPS delivery on almost everything except ammo and certain optics... I am finding that store to dish out great deals on things I need. It's almost like they have a black friday sale every 3 or 4 months. I've seen two sales that were like 'wow'.

It just happened to be that I bought some extra SEAL 1, but to each his own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Wasn't this the same guy that invented Frog Lube?
    I have heard that rumor but I don't know. I cannot verify it. From what I heard the guy invented Froglube and did his stuff... and later on he made a new formula of stuff that he just really wanted to change so that it would improve on it...so from the stuff I read on it it's like froglube 3.0

I have heard it was the same guy but I'm not sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ran across this and figured I would add it in here since it was on topic. Froglube clamshell kit for under $16 including shipping. usually 29.99 plus shipping, so I couldnt pass it up and figured I should share it with ya'll. I'm sure quite a few of you may need a small portable kit for your gearbags and stuff

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYMP0ZW/..._5SD1ub0SBPABN

And thanks for the lead on the site alamo, I signed up for their newsletter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seal 1 actually seems to be a decent product, even though it does not have the cult-like following that Frog Lube does . I got a sample last year at shot and have been running it exclusively on one carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    Just ran across this and figured I would add it in here since it was on topic. Froglube clamshell kit for under $16 including shipping. usually 29.99 plus shipping, so I couldnt pass it up and figured I should share it with ya'll. I'm sure quite a few of you may need a small portable kit for your gearbags and stuff

You're welcome! I am of the school that a good deal is just a flat out good deal and not everyone can see everything online. Just like a good WEVO-bro I figured I would share the wealth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Seal 1 actually seems to be a decent product, even though it does not have the cult-like following that Frog Lube does . I got a sample last year at shot and have been running it exclusively on one carbine.
    I used both at one point and have completely transferred over to seal 1 for all my duty/carry stuff. If I am storing a firearm for any period, however, I still coat it in FrogLube because it has very obvious anti-rust qualities that have been proven.

I should do a quick write up on SEAL-1. My primary EDC G19 w/ barsto has about 1k rounds through it since being cleaned 4x times with this SEAL-1 stuff and its literally wipe-with-a-cloth clean. It does gunk up but then goes back to liquid form after it gets hot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post

With that sale they had going on a 4oz bottle of froglube liquid that costs 18 bucks on Amazon would have been $10 in hand delivery and shipping included. The last two sales I saw them have were really good sales.

So whatever you're using a good price is a good price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I used both at one point and have completely transferred over to seal 1 for all my duty/carry stuff. If I am storing a firearm for any period, however, I still coat it in FrogLube because it has very obvious anti-rust qualities that have been proven.

I should do a quick write up on SEAL-1. My primary EDC G19 w/ barsto has about 1k rounds through it since being cleaned 4x times with this SEAL-1 stuff and its literally wipe-with-a-cloth clean. It does gunk up but then goes back to liquid form after it gets hot.
    I will start the chant... 'write! Write! WRITE!' come on guys! Join in! Write!,write, write! LOL

Do you use the paste or the liquid? I started out thinking I would like the paste better... and yes I used a small sample pack of the paste on my guns but after using the liquid I like that a little better for day to day use to be honest. I have a tub of paste but for general use the liquid is how I have been doing it.

The instructions said to do your first treatment(s) with the paste and after that liquid is fine. I just get a mop on my cleaning rod and run it a couple times and viola. Done. After that I wipe down everything with a rag and it's done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't get the cult following of Frog Lube.... Apparently it's all in the name a company dreams up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I don't get the cult following of Frog Lube.... Apparently it's all in the name a company dreams up.
    I'm not a member of any cult or cult "like" organization, but maybe the attraction might be because people like it and it works?

I can't speak about SEAL 1, but that seems to be a name folks are attracted to, with all of the attention these days (well deserved) that the S.E.A.L's get?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm not a member of any cult or cult "like" organization, but maybe the attraction might be because people like it and it works?

I can't speak about SEAL 1, but that seems to be a name folks are attracted to, with all of the attention these days (well deserved) that the S.E.A.L's get?
    I didn't know it had anything to do with Navy Seals but what the hell... from their 'about us' page...

"ABOUT US

SEAL 1, LLC’s managing director, Dwight Settle served 20 years as a Navy Seal working in the most extreme environments. As the (AW-automatic weapons) M-60 gunner in his platoon the only way to truly clean the weapon was using dry cleaning solvent. This became no longer available due to how toxic it was to the user and the environment. He remembers his fingers and hands being dry and cracked after every cleaning. The switch was made to Break Free CLP but it just wasn't’ as effective.

For the M-60 and any of the weapons the SEALS carried to perform properly there needed to be a liberal amount of lube on the rails. This created a situation where they had to be very cognizant of how they carried their weapons. It was critical that great care was taken in protecting their weapons from dirt and sand; otherwise the weapons could jam and become useless.

The SEAL 1, LLC development team came together to bring a high end green engineered gun cleaning and gun care line to the military, law enforcement and shooting industry that would all but alleviate corrosion and jams in weapons and make cleaning more effective and much quicker.

With SEAL 1™ CLP PLUS™ all these concerns are a thing of the past. When using SEAL 1's new generation CLP PLUS™ your weapon will perform at a more proficient level and virtually eliminate jams and corrosion and make cleaning a much more enjoyable task.

Our testing confirms that your weapon will perform in the most extreme environmental conditions."

http://www.seal1.net/Seal-1-ABOUT-US.html

That said I don't know who invented what. Nor do I really care LOL. All I know is it works.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 7 February 2015 at 13:18.