Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeh, me personally I dont have an opinion regarding one over the other, just had heard good things about froglube and wanted to try it out on this build im gonna be finished with soon. honestly, had never heard of seal 1 until this thread, so may have to try it out after the froglube and do a comparison

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might try this Seal-1 stuff as it sounds to be similar to Fireclean. That's what I've been using and love it.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I might try this Seal-1 stuff as it sounds to be similar to Fireclean. That's what I've been using and love it.
    I watched that little video on Fireclean on their website and it looks like Fireclean is about the same consistency of household oil albeit with a whole lot more properties. Seal 1 is fan friggin tastic but it's a little different than what I saw in the video. The premise seems to be the same though. Seal 1 soaks into the metal and pretty much repels any kind of fouling and carbon. As soon as any amount of heat from shooting happens the gun slicks up like grandma's old frying pan. Once you clean it a few times the gun pretty much looks and stays 'slick'

You have a paste (if you want it) and a "liquid" which really is a bit thicker than the oil I saw on the video. You can use either one to treat the gun or use it interchangeably. In the end it really does get down in the metal and carbon just melts off. I have even found that my guns get less dirty because the stuff pretty much repels carbon before it ever sticks on...and what does stick on can be wiped off with a rag.

After a few cleanings the gun just looks 'slick' but it's it's not wet where it will attract dust or whatever. All I know is I am sold on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I watched that little video on Fireclean on their website and it looks like Fireclean is about the same consistency of household oil albeit with a whole lot more properties. Seal 1 is fan friggin tastic but it's a little different than what I saw in the video. The premise seems to be the same though. Seal 1 soaks into the metal and pretty much repels any kind of fouling and carbon. As soon as any amount of heat from shooting happens the gun slicks up like grandma's old frying pan. Once you clean it a few times the gun pretty much looks and stays 'slick'

You have a paste (if you want it) and a "liquid" which really is a bit thicker than the oil I saw on the video. You can use either one to treat the gun or use it interchangeably. In the end it really does get down in the metal and carbon just melts off. I have even found that my guns get less dirty because the stuff pretty much repels carbon before it ever sticks on...and what does stick on can be wiped off with a rag.

After a few cleanings the gun just looks 'slick' but it's it's not wet where it will attract dust or whatever. All I know is I am sold on it.
    I'll defiantly have to give it the ole college try then!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the funds are available finally to finish this build of mine off as well as get the 277 urg going, so if you guys come across any good deals on some reliable bcg's, post it up in here please so I can finish off this 5.56 FINALLY and focus on the .277 urg (will probably get everything for that that I can directly from MDWS). Have been eyeing the BCM bcg the most, but not completely set in stone if I can come across a good sale on a reliable one with another name. I'm such a tightwad

Oh, and any good deals on hanguards too. looking for a free float, 13-15" with top rail...think geiselle emr but full rail on top.

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd recommend SCTs BCG. Saint Croix Tactical. I've tried all of their offerings, even sending a phosphate one off to get coated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The enhanced one I picked up from Fathom Arms looks very nice. Put 120 rounds through it function testing a new build and it literally wiped off with a rag. Plan to get a lot more through it this weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads