Downloads
    Uploads

Who is using Malkoff Devices?

I know Malkoff has been around for over a decade, but I'm wondering how many of you guys are using them? What's your experience been?

I've owned their replacement heads for an old incandescent Surefire 6P, but I'm not sure where it went. I reacquainted myself with Malkoff due to Arisaka bringing out the Scout bodies.

So, what's your experience? Worth the upgrade?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a drop in for my m951 on my work rifle. I like it better than my wml.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    I use a drop in for my m951 on my work rifle. I like it better than my wml.
    That's good to hear, I've got probably 1/2 dozen old M951's but probably not worth upgrading them all. I think these still have 60 lumen bulbs!

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been looking at them for years, but I can't decide if it's worth the cost. I want to replace the P60 bulb in my Z2 light with a high-powered LED.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I've used is the Scout head on my Arisaka body. It seems to serve a different purpose than a standard Scout head, so I'm not sure it's an upgrade, rather a different option.

Aren't some/all Elzetta lights using Malkoff heads? UW, any comparison between the Malkoff Scout head and a comparable Elzetta (I know their not exactly the same)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a head coming for an arisaka scout body.

I am pretty hopeful this type of setup will be the "go to" over a standard SF light setup out of the box.

Probably 1/2 price too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have a head coming for an arisaka scout body.

I am pretty hopeful this type of setup will be the "go to" over a standard SF light setup out of the box.

Probably 1/2 price too.
    Something you told me at SHOT has been creeping back out of my memory. I believe you said that you prefer tighter beams, so I hope you're not disappointed that the Malkoff E1/Scout head has a wider hot spot and smoother transition to spill than the KE1A. I'd like to know if they survive your daily work abuse, too.

I've been using Malkoff heads for awhile and like them, especially at the cost/performance ratio. Obviously I'm a *little* biased since Malkoff's heads help us sell more light bodies. :)

The range where I get to shoot some carbine courses has regular night shoots when it warms up, so I am looking forward to trying out the Malkoff heads under more serious conditions.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Malkoff in a SF Z3....working well so far; I like the throw and spill. I think it's worth the upgrade. I have a few older SF weaponlights that need upgrading as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got this head in (thanks to Arisaka for hooking it up) - I can instantly tell you its a keeper since it allows me to use rechargeable batteries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have used them for years in my Surefire hosts for work. Dropped, banged, soaked, greased, you name it. They are very well made, tough as nails. Gene and his wife Cathy are outstanding. Tremendous customer service. I've never looked back once I started using them. I haven't bought his newer 3-mode yet, however. The only thing to point out is that when used in some Surefire hosts, the bezel won't screw down all the way, leaving a very small gap. This is normal and never bothered me. You can file down the drop-in if it does. Definitely worth the price IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some clicky tail caps laying around i would like to "build up" with these!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton