Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I honestly do not know in your case, but in general digital/online photography is copy written as soon as you post it anywhere. You retain all rights to it solely, regardless of watermarks, logos or whatever.
    Interestingly this does not apply to DoD personnel while taking pictures in the line of duty. If I take a picture of a sweet pimped out Pinto on the weekend, on my own time, I retain the rights, but if I take a pic of said Pinto right before a Hellfire enters its windshield while conducting my daily state of affairs in the service of the DoD, I can't claim ownership since the government can't retain it's own copyright from the people. I don't know, but have never heard of anything similar for local/state government entities.

Copyright is weird.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Interestingly this does not apply to DoD personnel while taking pictures in the line of duty. If I take a picture of a sweet pimped out Pinto on the weekend, on my own time, I retain the rights, but if I take a pic of said Pinto right before a Hellfire enters its windshield while conducting my daily state of affairs in the service of the DoD, I can't claim ownership since the government can't retain it's own copyright from the people. I don't know, but have never heard of anything similar for local/state government entities.

Copyright is weird.
    It makes sense.

You are being paid to do a job, so under the contract from your employer, unless otherwise stated, can be use to whatever end they want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It makes sense.

You are being paid to do a job, so under the contract from your employer, unless otherwise stated, can be use to whatever end they want.
    Oh, absolutely. Didn't mean for it to sound like I was arguing it. It's just something very particular about Federal employment. I need to go back and look it up if it's in a USC or not. It just makes me wonder if there's anything like that for, say, a state agency.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that it is really frustrating. It sucks having to even bring it up/call someone out because you inevitably creates drama and enemies.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    I agree that it is really frustrating. It sucks having to even bring it up/call someone out because you inevitably creates drama and enemies.
    The internet makes it easy to forget copy right and that people make a living doing photography.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The internet makes it easy to forget copy right and that people make a living doing photography.
    Yes it does. Thats why I always give credit to the photographers that shoot our gear. I definitely understand.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review