Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Multi-cal Suppressors

Okay so here is what receiving a 16" upper has done to me... I've been thinking about suppressors.
    Before this Troy upper I didn't have a 16" upper so the suppressor I was looking at wouldn't have worked on my ARs.

I've been eyeballing Liberty Suppressor's Mystic X. Can handle 9mm, 5.56 (out of a 16" barrel) and .22 (pretty well too).

Are there other multi-cal suppressors that are worth considering? My google-fu must be week today.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    .22lr can
    .45 can
    30cal can
    if i had the money i go this route and it will cover ever thing
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    .22lr can
    .45 can
    30cal can
    if i had the money i go this route and it will cover ever thing
    I meant one can that does it all (.30cal down to .22). Like the Mystic X.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you've already got you're mind made up lol. And just know once you have one you'll "need" a few more.

For what you're looking the mystic X sounds like what you're looking. Kinda heavy for a .22 suppressor but should and would be a good can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I meant one can that does it all (.30cal down to .22). Like the Mystic X.
    i now what you ment but from what i have seen lots of ppl go this route
    but you fill that the Mystic X is the best for you and it is what you are looking for the go for it
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Sounds like you've already got you're mind made up lol. And just know once you have one you'll "need" a few more.

For what you're looking the mystic X sounds like what you're looking. Kinda heavy for a .22 suppressor but should and would be a good can.
    It does sound good... see what I did there? Haha

I just can't seem to find anything similar to compare it to.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    It does sound good... see what I did there? Haha

I just can't seem to find anything similar to compare it to.
    Haha and you can't and won't because there isn't. At least not that I'm aware of... It's nice to have it user serviceable but shooting a 308 would have me personally worried a little.

308 and large caliber rifles have so much pressure. That's why "most" companies have the as a welded one piece unit. I've heard(not seen) of end caps just blowing off from the pressure. I'm sure it's one of those far and few between/ 1 in a mil type thing but industry standard seems to be a 1 piece non user serviceable rifle cans. The pistol and 22 don't have that much pressure so that isn't an issue.

Just my 2 cents and food for thought.

Edit: I know you said just 223 but always I always plan for bigger just because you never know...
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 13 February 2015 at 13:53.

Downloads
    Uploads

Multi-cal Suppressors

I sort of went that route, but obviously not what you are considering. Two 30 cal and one 556. I wanted to keep the 9 and 22 stuff separate from the larger rifle cans simply based on size and dedicating those two seem to perform better. Those are next on the menu. So my rifle cans can handle down to 7.5" barreled 5.56 up to a 300 RUM. I can change out an end cap on a 762 can an make it even quieter on a 5.56. All mounts work with each other and I use QD. The pistol stuff has the pistons and thread mounts that I don't care to change out all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "the one" from gemtech

I have one coming to me eventually.

when they are going to start coming into the wild you will kick yourself for not having one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    "the one" from gemtech

when they are going to start coming into the wild you will kick yourself for not having one.
    I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm not in the market just yet anyway. Still in the planning stages.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I sort of went that route, but obviously not what you are considering. Two 30 cal and one 556. I wanted to keep the 9 and 22 stuff separate from the larger rifle cans simply based on size and dedicating those two seem to perform better. Those are next on the menu. So my rifle cans can handle down to 7.5" barreled 5.56 up to a 300 RUM. I can change out an end cap on a 762 can an make it even quieter on a 5.56. All mounts work with each other and I use QD. The pistol stuff has the pistons and thread mounts that I don't care to change out all the time.
    Is that the Saker 762? I'm looking at getting that one for a 300 BLK SBR, and my 2 5.56 in production.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If no one else is making a can like the one you asked about, I would consider that a clue.

I would not mix rimfore, handgun, and centerfire rifle ammo in a can. One of each, however, is probably a better route.

I was considering "the one" but then found out about the Omega. It's what I'll be buying shortly.

And, unlike every other choad in this thread, I'll give you a link.
    http://www.silencerco.com/products/omega/
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Omega is also on my radar.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    "the one" from gemtech

Yes, this. Should be a great option.

Pyzik,

You wont be happy with that. Eventually, you will be sick of shooting a 16" AR with a can. They become VERY long. You're best bet is to go with a 308 can and a 45 can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    Yes, this. Should be a great option.

Pyzik,

You wont be happy with that. Eventually, you will be sick of shooting a 16" AR with a can. They become VERY long. You're best bet is to go with a 308 can and a 45 can.
    That's partially what I was worried about.
    Finances are changing at home for now anyway so it's going to be a bit.

With my new job the wife is really wanting to stay home with the baby so rather than having more money, we're going to have about 35% less.... LOL.
    david@damagephotos.com