Uploads
    Bummer. She'll eventually want to work again to be around adults
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    That's partially what I was worried about.
    Finances are changing at home for now anyway so it's going to be a bit.

With my new job the wife is really wanting to stay home with the baby so rather than having more money, we're going to have about 35% less.... LOL.
    Ha sounds eerily familiar..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is pretty timely for me. I considered getting a bigger mulit caliber can but now I'm shying away from it. Before I buy here in a little while its good to get feedback.

From more than one source on the interwebs I've seen people reporting that their mounts eventually messed up after a year or two of using it. From what I gathered the constant taking it off and putting it on eventually wore out parts of it.

The other thing in my mind is that a bigger caliber suppressor won't work as efficiently as one built for that caliber. So if we are talking sheer performance a .30 cal can on a 5.56 will be noticeably louder than a 5.56 can on a 5.56 rifle.

Maybe I'm wrong but it would be nice to know if I am wrong before I drop a grand on a suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    This thread is pretty timely for me. I considered getting a bigger mulit caliber can but now I'm shying away from it. Before I buy here in a little while its good to get feedback.

From more than one source on the interwebs I've seen people reporting that their mounts eventually messed up after a year or two of using it. From what I gathered the constant taking it off and putting it on eventually wore out parts of it.

The other thing in my mind is that a bigger caliber suppressor won't work as efficiently as one built for that caliber. So if we are talking sheer performance a .30 cal can on a 5.56 will be noticeably louder than a 5.56 can on a 5.56 rifle.

Maybe I'm wrong but it would be nice to know if I am wrong before I drop a grand on a suppressor.
    That depends on the suppressor. My 762-SDN-6 works outstanding on 556 rifles. On my Instagram account I have a video of me shooting a LWRCi PDW with an 8.5" barrel with the SDN on it. Tell me that isn't darn quite for a 556 SBR through a 762 can. It's pretty impressive. I haven't had my hands on Gemtech's the One suppressor yet but I tell anyone looking for a rifle can for 308 and 556 to get the SDN. You can't beat it
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram
    Follow me on Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

ok answer this are you going to be a volume shooter? or a recreational shooter?
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 110% recreational.

And FWIW I don't mind buying more suppressors when or if the need arises. If the first one goes smooth then we will see.

I place a premium on performance though. I don't want to spend all the money to get it half way done.

I am sure it does depend largely on the suppressor....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsully View Post
    Bummer. She'll eventually want to work again to be around adults
    I told her when the kid goes to school she will be going back to work. I made it quite clear that this is temporary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Ha sounds eerily familiar..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah fun times. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of fishing this year.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 110% recreational.

And FWIW I don't mind buying more suppressors when or if the need arises. If the first one goes smooth then we will see.

I place a premium on performance though. I don't want to spend all the money to get it half way done.

I am sure it does depend largely on the suppressor....
    i was only asking becose to me if its just for recreational. i wont use it as much so parts wont give out over time i can keep it longer less maintains
    if i did volume shooting like use it all the time then yes i will buy dedicated suppressors 30cal,556,9mm,22lr
    but that is just me i now that ever body will think differently
    but ultimately its up to you :)
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shoot suppressed rifles from 24" to 10.5". 20"+ is usually shot supported with limited unsupported fire. Working on an 18" AR but I have zero trouble with the 16" platform suppressed.

The first suppressed AR I had was, and still is, my absolute favorite. It is weighty because of the match barrel, suppressor, and my optic choice (about 11.5lbs with full mag) but it's set up how I want it. It can be a prone/bench shooting rifle or a run and gun. I don't want to Form 1 any more lowers. I train with it and got accustomed to the weight.

To minimize the weight on a 16" AR, get a dedicated 556 can (smaller and lighter than 7.62 versions) like the Griffin RECCE 5. Full size can and performance in a14 ounce package. Or go a step further with the Gemtech Trek T (titanium) at 10oz. Be aware titanium cans are usually more expensive than stainless versions.

If Ti is out but weight and cost is still a factor, look at the Mini 556 cans. Innovative Arms Grunt Mini: 13oz, 5" (sounds great btw), SpecWar 556K (6", 14oz), AAC Mini-4...lots of options and most sound really good on 16"+ barrels. The shorter the barrel the less effective they'll be

Trying to get one can go do the job of 5 will make you unhappy.