Downloads
    Uploads

Primary Arms 5X Prism Scope with Patented ACSS Reticle

Designed from the ground up for use on AR style rifles. The Primary Arms 5X Prism Scope with our Patented ACSS Reticle, "Advanced Combined Sighting System" combining Bullet Drop Compensation, Range Estimation, Wind and Leads in one easy to use system. Waterproof, fog resistant and also fits on ACOG mounts! Base can be removed for use on AR15/M16 carry handles. Front and rear flip up caps are included!

BDC Compatible
    .223 Rem/5.56 Nato
    .308 Win/ .308 Nato
    5.45X39 7n6
    The ideal AR optic
    Mount included
    Daylight visible illumination
    Illumination: red and green
    Nitrogen Purged
    Waterproof
    Fog Resistant
    Field of view: 18.8 ft. at 100 yards
    Diopter adjustment: +3 to -3
    Eye relief: 2.5-3.0 in.
    Fully Multi-Coated
    Uses one CR2032 battery (included)
    Length: 6.0 in.
    Net Weight: 17.6 oz.
    Black anodized matte finish
    Lens cover included
    Optional kill flash sold separately
    One year warranty

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...pe_p/pac5x.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    just saw that on ther FB looks cool and under $300
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now this I like

Downloads
    Uploads
    Judging by the glass I've seen on some of their recent offerings, this one should be a winner. I was thinking about picking up their 1-6, but this might be an option as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked one up ( Feb 2015). Got it w/ the American Defense mount add-on option.
    The ACS icon/reticle in the scope is small and the numbers are Really small and hard to read.
    I have the Prinary Arms 1-6 scope and the ACS reticle is legible. Being that this is a fixed 5x scope, things that are
    say 15-20 yrds are blurry. I adjust focus and the the ACS reticle goes away?
    The eye relief is Not very forgiving. If you move even a fraction away, the scope field of view is ruined.
    And I have yet to shoot w this 5x Prism scope. I guess you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by vongkingco; 8 March 2015 at 15:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^ "I guess you get what you pay for." Very true my friend, very true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vongkingco View Post
    I picked one up ( Feb 2015). Got it w/ the American Defense mount add-on option.
    The ACS icon/reticle in the scope is small and the numbers are Really small and hard to read.
    I have the Prinary Arms 1-6 scope and the ACS reticle is legible. Being that this is a fixed 5x scope, things that are
    The eye relief is Not very forgiving. If you move even a fraction away, the scope field of view is ruined.
    And I have yet to shoot w this 5x Prism scope. I guess you get what you pay for.
    Thanks for taking one for the team. Sounds like I won't be getting one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never really understood the appeal or wide use of fixed 4x or in this case a 5x optic on a carbine. Perhaps you guys in the service who have extensively used ACOGs in the field can explain it, but for me, I cannot get comfortable with a 4x ACOG like a TA31. Not optimal for long distance use, and they suck at close quarters. I'm guessing it's because engagements were at medium range?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never really understood the appeal or wide use of fixed 4x or in this case a 5x optic on a carbine. Perhaps you guys in the service who have extensively used ACOGs in the field can explain it, but for me, I cannot get comfortable with a 4x ACOG like a TA31. Not optimal for long distance use, and they suck at close quarters. I'm guessing it's because engagements were at medium range?
    +1

Very good question.

I have been reading up on this very topic lately. I will hunt around for some of those links later on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to follow up on my post. The weather finally was nice enough to try out my Primary Arms 5x Prism.
    I mounted this on my Mega-Arms AR10 w 16" Mega-Arm barrel. It only took under 20rnds to sight this Primary Arms 5x.
    Mine was very High to start because I used a laser bore sight tool inside the house to get it close. But once I got this Scope on it was "On the Money" @ 100yrds. Eventhough the numbers on the optics ACS reticle was on the small side, it didnt bother me after a while. Since I was only at 100 yrd range and just focus on the center circle, I did not notice the numbers.
    I also found that you really got to close up to the optic for best eye relief.
    Overall I really enjoyed this Primary Arms 5x Prism scope.
    Oh FYI, use Red loctite on the screws of scope to the base. lol
    Last edited by vongkingco; 6 April 2015 at 15:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh FYI, use Red loctite on the screws of scope to the base. lol
    RED??!!

How about blue?

You might need a blow torch to get that scope off with the red LOL!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i did use blue, maybe I didn't tighten it enough. Red loctite is not too bad, just don't use too much of it. Its the GREEN loctite that is super strong.