Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Except for a rabidly "Anti-Constitutionalist" (is that a word?) who in their right freaking mind, would turn down a free AR for the princely sum of taking a basic gun safety class? Man, I never had any deals offered up to me like that.
    My computer-commando nephews, sisters and brothers-in-law. Nice conservative Christians all who stock up on food for when the SHTF, but seem to think roving zombies with guns will leave them alone. I've explained that I may not be able to get guns to them in troubled times, and that OJT in combat means high casualties, but no joy yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is this "too many" you speak of?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blasphemy I say

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just need a bigger safe =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    What is this "too many" you speak of?
    You'll know when you get there...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Still need to take Jeff @ CMT up on his offer to use their Laser engraver to get the WEVO logo deep engraved.
    Are you planning on getting the upper engraved? or the lower?

I was planning on eventually picking up their ambi lower and getting that engraved.

Can't wait to see that build otherwise!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You'll know when you get there...
    Spoken like a wise Tibetan monk. UWone77 speaks with wisdom and inner truth from one who's spiritual journey has come full circle. He and the AR have become one in harmony with the platform.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Spoken like a wise Tibetan monk. UWone77 speaks with wisdom and inner truth from one who's spiritual journey has come full circle. He and the AR have become one in harmony with the platform.
    I'm in awe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads

AR's Have You Reached Saturation?

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Are you planning on getting the upper engraved? or the lower?

I was planning on eventually picking up their ambi lower and getting that engraved.

Can't wait to see that build otherwise!
    Originally I was going to have a company mill out the WEVO logo onto this PSA "stealth" lower.

But the company kept blowing smoke on the eta so I gave up on it. CMT is only a little over 100 miles from me so I shot Jeff and email and he said he would love to help me out with the project.

I want to give the WEVO build justice so I'm leaning heavily away from the PSA lower, even if it had our logo deep laser engraved.

I've been corresponding with Jeff off and on for a bit and I'm hoping/trying to see if he would let me get one of their Billet Sets naked and without their CMT logo and then have the WEVO logo as the "rollmark". Not sure it will happen though.

That project kind of got pushed to the back burner as possible legislation has lite a fire under me to get my trust finalized and the paperwork for my SBR and suppressor quickly. Never know when some piece of garbage will get rammed down the pipe and lose that right forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I wanted to do it, I'd just use a Rainier Forged, since they engrave their logo on the opposite side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If I wanted to do it, I'd just use a Rainier Forged, since they engrave their logo on the opposite side.
    Your talking about This set correct? Honestly I'd been eyeballing the ultramatch set so much recently the forged wasn't even on my radar. That's a helluva good idea though because one side is completely sanitary and would have plenty of real estate for engraving.

Ugh well there goes the money I had saved to find a noveske gen 1 set for my sbr project

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The AU-MOD 2 is supposed to released in April for $2699.
    Just bought the VCOG to compliment it. I found one for $1999 shipped (77gr 5.56 caliber horseshoe). After I bought it, the online vendor site immediately threw up a big red "Sold Out" on the page. So I feel certain it was in stock (as when I tried to add 2 to test the theory, it said "insufficient quantity on hand".

Anyway, just an FYI, Trijicon's dealer cost on those has gone up, up, up! It is now in the $1800's for the thumb-screw model. DEALER cost, for 2015.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you shot with the VCOG yet? I just took a huge loss on the one I had. Only Trijicon optic I have ever sold. I am not trying to bash your purchase but if like me you are expecting the best 1-6 optic out for it's price range I found that far from the case. It pains me to say that as Trijicon has been my go to optic for a decade. I have 5 ACOG's and 4 Accu-Points I would not sell for less than replacement cost but the VCOG just didn't work for me. Maybe they fixed some of the early issues but some I fear can not be fixed easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Have you shot with the VCOG yet? I just took a huge loss on the one I had. Only Trijicon optic I have ever sold. I am not trying to bash your purchase but if like me you are expecting the best 1-6 optic out for it's price range I found that far from the case. It pains me to say that as Trijicon has been my go to optic for a decade. I have 5 ACOG's and 4 Accu-Points I would not sell for less than replacement cost but the VCOG just didn't work for me. Maybe they fixed some of the early issues but some I fear can not be fixed easily.
    I decided to go ahead and bite when I saw them selling gently loved for $1850 on ARFcom. If I have to dump this one, I will wait about 5-6 months, as Trijicon just increased dealer cost AGAIN on them. I got mine for $1999 shipped. Dealer cost has gone from about $1500/ea to nearly $1900/ea for the "base" model with thumbscrews.

I have played with them a few times.

What issues did you personally have?

If you want optical superiority, the K16i/Z6i are the no-brainer choices. I played with those, too. They ARE the best 1-6X in the terms of optical performance.

So why did I go VCOG?

Because
    I liked the keyed mount.
    I liked the AA power.
    I liked the added ruggedness to the housing (the area I live/hunt is rocky and steep. I have fallen with a rifle before. Safe handling means noone gets truly hurt, but the optic could indeed sustain damage.)

These were all advantages that I gave up: slightly better illumination, 30% more FOV for.

The weight of the VCOG and K16i is nearly identical when both are placed on QD mount solutions from the same company. As, within 2oz or so.

Anyway, why did YOU dump the VCOG, specifically?