Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AR's Have You Reached Saturation?

So how many is too many?

I think I've reached saturation awhile ago. I've actually started to break down uppers, for parts on other projects, something I never used to do. I guess I'm at the point where I don't want to continuously pay for parts and accessories that I already have a dozen of.

How many AR's are you comfortable owning?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So how many is too many?

I think I've reached saturation awhile ago. I've actually started to break down uppers, for parts on other projects, something I never used to do. I guess I'm at the point where I don't want to continuously pay for parts and accessories that I already have a dozen of.

How many AR's are you comfortable owning?
    I am 'comfortable' owning a bunch but realistically I could see myself owning 3 or 4 at least. And then if you talk about the different calibers and such that is another ball of wax (IE 300 blackout) or maybe some of the other 'potentials' out there.

I have yet to join the NFA club but when we get into that it adds more.

Honestly though I can't answer the question because I am only on AR15 #1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never reach saturation for 2 reasons. First is I can't afford it. Second is I usually sell the rifles I don't shoot much.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always seem to have a project or three in the works. I think it depends how quickly I want to complete the project. If I really get the itch I'll borrow parts from other rifles.

I'm up to 6 completed rifles/SBR's right now and I may or may not SBR another lower that's just sitting in the safe. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of uppers and just one lower. Lowers are cheap...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trying to finish AR #1. I could see owning several if money was not an issue. 6 or 7?

The one i'm building now, Pistol, SBR, SBR-300blackout, SPR , AR-10, Super lightweight version? Several for my older children.

I will be very happy when I finish the first. It's been a fun journey. :-)
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Trying to finish AR #1. I could see owning several if money was not an issue. 6 or 7?

The one i'm building now, Pistol, SBR, SBR-300blackout, SPR , AR-10, Super lightweight version? Several for my older children.

I will be very happy when I finish the first. It's been a fun journey. :-)
    Ahhhh, the first "build" back when this hobby was cheap... relatively speaking.

I remember what really got me into overdrive.

Back in 2008 I had a trip planned with a gal to the Bahamas. I prepaid for everything. She then stiffed me, and I had to cancel the trip. I was able to get most of my money back. Used that cash to buy 2 complete Noveske's as my consolation prize.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ahhhh, the first "build" back when this hobby was cheap... relatively speaking.

I remember what really got me into overdrive.

Back in 2008 I had a trip planned with a gal to the Bahamas. I prepaid for everything. She then stiffed me, and I had to cancel the trip. I was able to get most of my money back. Used that cash to buy 2 complete Noveske's as my consolation prize.
    Sorry about that. Noveske's sound like very nice consolation prizes. I first heard of them through a Clint Smith article. It was 2008 when I first got interested firearms. Obama was elected and I was afraid I would never get any if I didn't start soon. My father-in-law was a gunsmith and he gave me a wonderful Colt 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting back to the saturation question... I have visions of some having 20-30.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have 4
    2 in 22lr and 2 in 5.56
    i have s complete lower i need an upper for that one
    300BLK,5.45,7.62 just the uppers to have around just in case
    and one in rifle in .308
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have 4 right now. Building 2 SBRs and one .308 and I think we will be done. I want to build a nice bolt rifle as well soon.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I finish this one, (.277 Wolverine), I'll have 8. That's after having sold a couple a while back. Number 8 is it, my very last project. Then I'm done. No more. Nada. Absolutely last build.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    When I finish this one, (.277 Wolverine), I'll have 8. That's after having sold a couple a while back. Number 8 is it, my very last project. Then I'm done. No more. Nada. Absolutely last build.

FT
    until a new caliber comes out
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    No more. Nada. Absolutely last build.

FT
    I'd love to say this, but I know it's not true for me. However, if someone new gets built, something else will be torn down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    We have 4 right now. Building 2 SBRs and one .308 and I think we will be done. I want to build a nice bolt rifle as well soon.
    Dude we have 2 kids, we will not be done after 3. You know you'll build more!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Let's leave bolts out of this one... I'm doing all I can to stay away from that realm of a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    Dude we have 2 kids, we will not be done after 3. You know you'll build more!
    Haha calling him out huh? And yea I'm sure there will be several more as time goes.