Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'll be building more.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kinda... may build one more and go with a lighter build, but right now I'm having fun making extra short barrel uppers for my SBR. Not really more AR's, just more options of the ones I have I guess. But one 5.56, one 7.62 and the SBR in 300BLK, 5.56 and upcoming .458Socom.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    If I put all the uppers on all the lowers and count the two with all parts, but not finished, it's at least a dozen. Problem is I hate to sell anything.

I've given one away to a family member and have offered free ARs to others if they just take a basic gun safety class. No takers so far. Sad.
    Except for a rabidly "Anti-Constitutionalist" (is that a word?) who in their right freaking mind, would turn down a free AR for the princely sum of taking a basic gun safety class? Man, I never had any deals offered up to me like that.
    Last edited by FortTom; 23 February 2015 at 13:07.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So how many is too many?

I think I've reached saturation awhile ago. I've actually started to break down uppers, for parts on other projects, something I never used to do. I guess I'm at the point where I don't want to continuously pay for parts and accessories that I already have a dozen of.

How many AR's are you comfortable owning?

To me, they are tools. I only have one "trophy" planned, but it's a tool, too. I currently own 2 AR's. A MK18 type 300 blackout, and a 16" Daniel Defense. That covers my usage. You do not see a carpenter with 5 hammers that all are used for the same task?

My trophy is going to be a Hodge Defense MOD2 with a nice 1-6X. Why? Because I can, and I will own it for the same reason some of my friends collect AP, Rolex, Tag,etc. Because I appreciate fine workmanship, and it also "keeps time"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    To me, they are tools. I only have one "trophy" planned, but it's a tool, too. I currently own 2 AR's. A MK18 type 300 blackout, and a 16" Daniel Defense. That covers my usage. You do not see a carpenter with 5 hammers that all are used for the same task?

My trophy is going to be a Hodge Defense MOD2 with a nice 1-6X. Why? Because I can, and I will own it for the same reason some of my friends collect AP, Rolex, Tag,etc. Because I appreciate fine workmanship, and it also "keeps time"
    I'm very interested in the Hodge Defense Mod 2 as well. I think that's equal trophy and tool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The AU-MOD 2 is supposed to released in April for $2699.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once I take the 6 builds that have been floating around in my head and turn them into a tangible reality I think i'll be fairly satisfied.

1 Finish the 14.5 LW noveske clone sent to bdl and top it with a SRS or T1.
    2 A 11.5 pistol like the one I'm building now, but with a gen 1 Noveske set and a BCM 11.5 ELW CHF
    3 A "me-to" copycat build of Farva's thin blue line SBR build
    4 A "2A" / V7 theme build
    5 A Factory FDE 6920 for a heirloom family rifle
    6 A mega themed SPR build with nice glass

Then possibly when money allows a few plain jane BCM rifles to just stick in the safe.

EDIT: And DANG I would like to find a Gen 3 Noveske upper, but think I'll probably just have to buy a complete upper as I've never seen one for sale. Not sure why Noveske isn't selling these??
    Last edited by DutyUse; 23 February 2015 at 18:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    1 Finish the 14.5 LW noveske clone sent to bdl and top it with a SRS or T1.
    I've got some time behind the SRS and have come to love it, this includes my buddies who told me to buy an Aimpoint Micro. I was hesitant on getting it at first due to the reviews I've read, but glad I did. It's become my favorite RDS. Its like running an Aimpoint PRO with a better FOV. If you're ever down in east TN, you can try mine out.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Then possibly when money allows a few plain jane BCM rifles to just stick in the safe.

EDIT: And DANG I would like to find a Gen 3 Noveske upper, but think I'll probably just have to buy a complete upper as I've never seen one for sale. Not sure why Noveske isn't selling these??
    Never hurts to have a couple of plain jane BCM or Colt's in the safe. Something to pass down to the kids too when they come of age.

Other than Joe Bob Outfitters and Rainier, I've never seen stripped Gen III uppers for sale. I believe they only got 1 shipment. I'm sure other big Noveske dealers like ROG got some too, but I haven't seen any since last summer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Never hurts to have a couple of plain jane BCM or Colt's in the safe. Something to pass down to the kids too when they come of age.

Other than Joe Bob Outfitters and Rainier, I've never seen stripped Gen III uppers for sale. I believe they only got 1 shipment. I'm sure other big Noveske dealers like ROG got some too, but I haven't seen any since last summer.
    I think I've only seen 2 for sale ever and that was on the EE on ARF and by the time I seen them they was already sold. 300-325 is about the going rate on the secondary market correct? I've been looking everywhere for one lately as I really want to send the project to bdl just once..

And equally rare are those anodized 6920's, little easier to find however. Luckily I already have a 6720 brand new stashed away for Colt when he grows up, though I probably need to pick up another for my daughter while PSA has them for 799$…

EDIT: Almost forgot about build #7! The WEVO build i've been piecing together slowly but surely. Still need to take Jeff @ CMT up on his offer to use their Laser engraver to get the WEVO logo deep engraved.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 23 February 2015 at 18:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those prices are not much over the $316 MSRP on a stripped Noveske Gen 3 upper.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Those prices are not much over the $316 MSRP on a stripped Noveske Gen 3 upper.
    I'd pay a *bit* more then I'd guess, just went off past sell prices. Normally I wouldnt spend that much $ or put in so much effort locating but this will be my goto rifle and see tons of rounds. Might as well make it as close to perfect for me as I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two, just waiting on a couple more parts to finish #3. After that I'll probably stick to building uppers for the most part, unless I decide to throw something together on an AR-10 platform. Too many other firearms I still want to add to the collection on a fairly small income, and I need to start re-acquiring my the knife collection I sold off for gun parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've built 4 and have 3. I'm not sure how many. I'd like at least two more SBR's, 1 in a 300 blk and another 556 that will be suppressed all the time. I'd like a 308 build and I'd like to rebuild another 6.5 Grendel. Also gotta build some for the future kiddos and start the .22 build for our current little tyke!

I have these just sitting around

Not pictured is a gen 2 Noveske lower so I don't see this ending anytime soon! And I'm perfectly ok with that, even if my wallet isn't 😁
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    All i can say is i dont have enough.