Thread: NRA RSO Class

Downloads
    Uploads

NRA RSO Class

I took the class today, and was kind of surprised. I thought it would be a snoozer, easy, sort of like a blow off class in college.
    The class was a lot more involved than I thought. Not physics with calculus hard, but the test questions were not in sequence with the book. A whole lot of it was interactive, breaking off in groups of 4 to demonstrate different sections of the material.

There is one catch though. You pay for the class and course materials, then you have to log on to NRA's website, and give them another 50 bucks good for 2 years. Not bad though. A few of us were there from the gun club I belong to, and once we actually get a couple of walk through hands on training, we will be able to open more ranges more often. I took the class just for that reason, we needed volunteers to open the open range, pistol/steel plates, five stand and trap ranges, and were limited by a lack of RSO's as to how many hours a week we could keep each range open.

Overall, it was very "enlightening", and involved a lot more that I would have imagined it would.

Anyone thinking about it should go ahead and do it. There's a lot more useful stuff in there than you might think, even if you don't do much actual time as a RSO. It's a nine hour class, we cut lunch short (eat on the fly) and with the exam, we used up just about every last minute.

Have fun
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet deal. I am looking to get more involved with some of the NRA certifications as well.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did it a bunch of years ago. When they sent me the stuff in the mail to re-cert for $$$ I was like "Nope."

I am not paying money to get an official re-certification without some sort of class. It also doesn't change the fact you are "trained" its just an insurance-type of $$ scam in my opinion.

I have always been a member but its annoying to do this type of thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I did it a bunch of years ago. When they sent me the stuff in the mail to re-cert for $$$ I was like "Nope."

I am not paying money to get an official re-certification without some sort of class. It also doesn't change the fact you are "trained" its just an insurance-type of $$ scam in my opinion.

I have always been a member but its annoying to do this type of thing.
    Yeah, I didn't learn about the $50 re-cert fee until about an hour into the class. I guess I'll just keep it as long as I'm a member of the club here. I had an ulterior motive for taking the class, and that was to get enough of us to keep the ranges open more hours. We have a limited number of memberships available, and a lot of folks think paying their dues is enough, or they have a laundry list of excuses, at least that's what I get from some of the rumblings. A lot of them are retired and like to shoot in the day during the week, making it somewhat hard to get on some ranges throughout the week day. I have a sinking feeling though, that if we get more range time, they'll just park their asses in front of their respective favorite range, more than they do now. Oh well, damned if you do and......
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper