Downloads
    Uploads

For Sale: Bushnel 1-4x Throwdown Scope

I have a very lightly used Bushnell 1-4x FFP "Throwdown" scope that I would like to sell. The original packaging is included. The scope is in perfect working order and is about 4 months old. I am selling it because I want a different optic and money from this will go towards that.

$165+$10 shipping. So $175 flat via paypal. (or you can send me a money order or something if you want)

Last edited by alamo5000; 24 February 2015 at 22:39.

Downloads
    Uploads

For Sale: Bushnel 1-4x Throwdown Scope

What optic are you looking at? I'm thinking of selling my 3-12x40. And have been eyeing this model.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    What optic are you looking at? I'm thinking of selling my 3-12x40. And have been eyeing this model.
    Vortex 1-4x and a Vortex 2.5-10x FFP

That is what I personally have been eyeing. I have been looking at a lot of stuff but most of it is outside of the price range I want/need to stick with. If I had a bigger budget then I have other options.

Part of me swapping is NOT because of the performance of this scope. Not at all. What I do want to do though is move to an MOA based system. MIL would work too but I think in feet and inches too much. I want a consistent system to practice on.

Odds are I am going to get BOTH of the scopes mentioned above and use them for different things at different times and I want scope reticules that match up in their system. So as I start to practice and learn a system I want it to become second nature. That's the direction I am going because that way I can get the most out of my rifle and learn the most about shooting. I can shoot in the back yard out to 200 yards now so I can mount up either optic and get a zero and then do long range (400 yards to 600 yards etc) as well as paper punch for a month or two. Then I can mount up the other and shoot my new steel targets and practice other stuff and just kind of go 'vice versa' on them.

I could get the US Optics 1-8x which would fit my needs but I can get BOTH of the Vortex scopes for half the price of one of the US Optics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know. If I can sell a rifle I've got for sale locally I may pick this up if it's still available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When the time comes to buy I will probably buy one first and then later on buy the other later. That way I won't have to plunk down big bucks all at once.

I am still open for suggestions and ideas but so far those are my choices unless there is something else out there that would be a better choice at a reasonable price.

My problem is I have two or three distinct needs/wants. I want to practice long range shooting (windage and all that jive), I also want to shoot extreme accuracy because I do like to shoot for groups, but I also want to have the whole tactical thing going on which is by far (in my opinion) best served by a 1-4x.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Good to know. If I can sell a rifle I've got for sale locally I may pick this up if it's still available.
    I am in no hurry. But if someone takes it, they take it. It will just hasten my other purchase when someone buys it. (No pressure )

Seriously, for the price this is a fantastic optic but I am totally geeking out on the optic thing and like I said, I intend to master the whole MOA (or MIL) thing whichever I go with, most likely MOA. I want to practice ranging out targets and have a DOPE card for my particular loads...

As I have been asking around I have several places that I have gotten permission to shoot at which will allow me to do the longer range stuff whenever I go to any of the 3 or 4 places I have been asking about.

I keep saying it but it's worth repeating.... my reasons to change over are far more 'scientific' than anything. I take a total nerd approach to this shooting thing. I want to be good at the traditional discipline, especially when I move over to bigger, longer range calibers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SOLD!

She gone to a good home.