Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please not that my last post in not intended to be smart ass towards Magpul, I am truly baffled as to why we were sued and not HK. I also have wondered why they didn't have their attorney send us a letter letting us know that we were infringing, we could have settled this whole ting out of court and saved everyone a bunch of money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ETSGroup View Post
    Please not that my last post in not intended to be smart ass towards Magpul, I am truly baffled as to why we were sued and not HK. I also have wondered why they didn't have their attorney send us a letter letting us know that we were infringing, we could have settled this whole ting out of court and saved everyone a bunch of money.
    I understand how you feel, most of the time a cease and desist letter is issued first. As to why not go after other competitor's magazines, Magpul may have not thought any were good enough to rival theirs. When they reviewed your magazine they probably realized the PMAG was about to have some stiff competition. Magpul going after ETS has at least let the consumer know your product is the real deal.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    This market is already under a microscope as is, no need to give the wrong group of people an edge in the fight we're battling already
    I have wondered why they didn't have their attorney send us a letter letting us know that we were infringing, we could have settled this whole ting out of court and saved everyone a bunch of money.
    These two statements tie in well together

Downloads
    Uploads
    I said it before and whoever is posting as Magpul denied it but if you think they do not weigh costs vs. reward in each suit they approach you are living in a dream world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one thing that we have been wondering is why us?
    I'm gonna guess Magpul got tired of all the cease and desist letters, and finally decided to sue someone.

Easier to sue you than HK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    I'm gonna guess Magpul got tired of all the cease and desist letters, and finally decided to sue someone.

Easier to sue you than HK.
    Right, so that would mean they are picking on small companies. Several times throughout this law suit Magpul has posted that they aren't picking on small companies, they say they have to protect their IP or they lose that right. My question was if that is true, then why not HK.

But I suspect you are correct, it is much easier to sue a company with very small resources than larger ones, that's just common sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if Magpul is going to go after Hexmag or if they already have. I like my Hexmags and they work great.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on my understanding of Magpul's patents, the Hexmag does not violate them. They left the rib off of the front wall and they don't have side guide rails.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, so that would mean they are picking on small companies. Several times throughout this law suit Magpul has posted that they aren't picking on small companies, they say they have to protect their IP or they lose that right. My question was if that is true, then why not HK.

But I suspect you are correct, it is much easier to sue a company with very small resources than larger ones, that's just common sense.
    plus they make special mags for HK

Last edited by toolboxluis00200; 5 March 2015 at 14:41.
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    plus they make special mags for HK

Yeah, that's why I said I didn't to come across as being an ass, because they may have an agreement with them, and that's cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i under stand what you are saying
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)