Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 42

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you basically got what you originally paid for? A functioning gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    ?? I made out good. Two new mags and gun is practically new again and all for free. I didn't even pay a dime for shipping...
    i just messing whit you at list you came out winning
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping there isn't a repeat with the single stack 9mm. We have replaced almost the same parts in all our our early Gen 4 G-22's even though there was no official recall. Digging through 500 plus pistols mutliple times is getting old.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    So you basically got what you originally paid for? A functioning gun.
    Exactly!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!
    I am a Christian, a family man, in a wheelchair, in remission (CML).
    Nice to meet you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of curiosity, what sort of trigger pull weights are you guys seeing on your G42s? All the times if fired mine, it was the only Glock i brought with me that day, so i had HK, Sig, S&W, etc. triggers to compare it to. The G42 felt a bit stiff, but i attributed that to it being new. The last time out (now with some 500 rounds through it and countless dry fires), i shot the G42 after shooting my G19, and i'll be damned if the trigger pull isn't twice as heavy on the G42 (i don't have a trigger pull gauge, but i'd guess it's north of 10#). I guess i should just be thankful it runs lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can chime in on glock service. I had an old hand me down g17 from my dad. I think like an '86 year model or something. Anyway, it hadnt been shot in forever. Both the mags cracked between the holes when i staRted shooting it regularly. I called glock and they advised i should send it in for an "update". The guy was very helpful and said they couldnt warranty 25 year old mags but could give me refurbished ones. Anyway, i called a few weeks later and realized i didnt have my serial number written down anywhere. The guy was very helpful and patient in tracking down my pistol. I got it two days later, fully rebuilt and cleaned (years of lint and dust in it previously) along with three new mags.

But i agree, it sucks to buy a new gun and have to send it back in. but for all the glock haters, the M&P Shield also had issues and a lot of people had to send in their first gen guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few of the guys I work with got the XD-S when they first came out and had to send them back. It took over 2 months for them to get them back.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    A few of the guys I work with got the XD-S when they first came out and had to send them back. It took over 2 months for them to get them back.
    Damn, and people cry about HK hating them and thinking they suck.