Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow.... I don't even think I'm on Jayden's top 100 now, I sent him a Mk18 upper to get one of these and I have to wait till may
    I am a Christian, a family man, in a wheelchair, in remission (CML).
    Nice to meet you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok someone help me get my brain around this. I've been thinking about this thing for awhile now but invariably come back to the exact same conclusion. Why buy a muzzle device that's too blasty just so you can buy a muzzle device for your muzzle device when you could have just bought a different muzzle device?

Looks? It does look kinda badass with the stainless brake under the black cage. Kinda.

I mean it IS still blasty/flashy right? And also with the added weight of a crutch secondary device yes? I guess my question is for a fresh build with no muzzle device, why go with this set up vs. a Gunfighter/FSC556/EFAB? I guess I could have listed Battlecomps in there to, but I hate those things. They're garbage.

Was the design theory "This thing is too blasty let's make a hat for it"?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Ok someone help me get my brain around this. I've been thinking about this thing for awhile now but invariably come back to the exact same conclusion. Why buy a muzzle device that's too blasty just so you can buy a muzzle device for your muzzle device when you could have just bought a different muzzle device?

Looks? It does look kinda badass with the stainless brake under the black cage. Kinda.

I mean it IS still blasty/flashy right? And also with the added weight of a crutch secondary device yes? I guess my question is for a fresh build with no muzzle device, why go with this set up vs. a Gunfighter/FSC556/EFAB? I guess I could have listed Battlecomps in there to, but I hate those things. They're garbage.

I like shooting with comps, because to the shooter it's not that "blasty" I could see people wanting this so they can make it bearable when shooting on a line or at a busy range. Also, not everyone has a dozen rifles so if you have 1 gun, you may have to use this to cut down on the blast because you only have 1 gun and 1 muzzle device.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not to put words in Jayden's mouth but my take on the cage wasn't to exclusively tame their muzzle brakes but to give you another option. For guys like me who shoot on a farm often by myself, I like to run a brake. But I when I rarely go to a public range an option like installing a CAGE is more convenient than changing muzzle devices.

I guess you could compare the CAGE/Gamma combo to either the KAC MAMS or Sintercore 3DX. All 3 devices are 2 chamber brakes that attempt to diffuse concussion. The MAMS is 2 piece construction that's welded in place, the Sintercore is 3D printed out of Inconel. While both the MAMS and 3DX are great devices they are pricey, $223.56 for the 3DX and $299.95 for the MAMS. The CAGE/Gamma combo can be had for $109.99 at Rainier Arms.

It may not be the perfect muzzle device, but it is a nice option for taming your brake for the public range.

Link to the Sintercore 3DX:
    http://sintercore.com/brake/

Link to the KAC MAMS:
    http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/3704-2/

Rainier Arms CAGE combo link:
    http://www.rainierarms.com/vg6-cage-device-combo
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Not to put words in Jayden's mouth but my take on the cage wasn't to exclusively tame their muzzle brakes but to give you another option. For guys like me who shoot on a farm often by myself, I like to run a brake. But I when I rarely go to a public range an option like installing a CAGE is more convenient than changing muzzle devices.

I guess you could compare the CAGE/Gamma combo to either the KAC MAMS or Sintercore 3DX. All 3 devices are 2 chamber brakes that attempt to diffuse concussion. The MAMS is 2 piece construction that's welded in place, the Sintercore is 3D printed out of Inconel. While both the MAMS and 3DX are great devices they are pricey, $223.56 for the 3DX and $299.95 for the MAMS. The CAGE/Gamma combo can be had for $109.99 at Rainier Arms.

It may not be the perfect muzzle device, but it is a nice option for taming your brake for the public range.

Link to the Sintercore 3DX:
    http://sintercore.com/brake/

Link to the KAC MAMS:
    http://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/3704-2/

Rainier Arms CAGE combo link:
    http://www.rainierarms.com/vg6-cage-device-combo
    ^^^Ok this makes the most sense to me.

I know the MAMS and the Sintercore are also supposed to help with flash, which from night videos they *kinda* seem to do. Does the CAGE assist with this as well? It looks like it would still flash like a Battlecomps or Dynacomp.

The EFAB I have no shit flashes less than an A2. At least out of a 16" middy shooting surplus M193 which seems like a fairly standard reference. But it's also a heavy muzzle device and requires installation with metal accu-washers, which also concerns me with how easy it is to over torque. It doesn't brake as well as some others from a purely brake standpoint, but is still pretty damn good.

If the CAGE could approach that performance, for me it may suddenly be worth looking into.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used my CAGE yet so I don't know if it helps with flash. I bought the CAGE combo cause I wanted a Gamma and it was only about $15 more. I've got an AFAB mini and have heard good things about the EFAB. You should post a review on the EFAB. My AFAB seems to handle slightly better than a Battlecomp.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got an AFAB mini and have heard good things about the EFAB. You should post a review on the EFAB. My AFAB seems to handle slightly better than a Battlecomp.
    I've got a range trip planned this weekend. I can make that happen.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a range trip planned this weekend. I can make that happen.
    Cool, would like to hear in detail what you think of the EFAB.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!!

I want to try one of these on my epsilon for curiousity...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ me too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used my CAGE yet so I don't know if it helps with flash. I bought the CAGE combo cause I wanted a Gamma and it was only about $15 more. I've got an AFAB mini and have heard good things about the EFAB. You should post a review on the EFAB. My AFAB seems to handle slightly better than a Battlecomp.
    Supposedly, after its all said and done, the AFAB Minis (I've owned a few) actually brake better than the newer EFABs.

Great vid BTW!