Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

10.5" .277 Wolverine SBR finished!

This build started out with the idea of cheap, fun blasting. I built up a 300blk pistol, and shortly after I finished the build, 8.2" 6.8spc barrels became available so I traded out the BLK setup for the 6.8 since that was what all my rifles were.

A few months after that I got my 16" 277WLV. It performed so well that I decided to sell off all of my 6.8 gear to re-barrel in 277wlv. I put a 10.5" on the pistol and was extremely pleased to find that the 10.5" WLV matches the velocity of my previous 8.2" 6.8spc barrel! I chose a 1:7" twist barrel to stabilize bullets 150g and heavier at subsonic speeds while still shooting supers accurately.

Then the NFA bug hit and the pistol wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    Form 1 eFiled 1/18 and approved 3/2

I threw the stock on it an have been waiting for the weekend! Now that I have a stock, I'll be replacing the red dot with a 1-4x scope of sorts.

The most encouraging news as of late is of a possible, VIABLE supply of 200g .277 bullets. That and the arrival of my Griffin Armament Recce 7 suppressor will make for an awesome deer hunting season!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking sexy!! Can you explain to me the .277 caliber? I have seen it mentioned a few times here and there on WEVO but Im unfamiliar with it.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Livn277 View Post
    This build started out with the idea of cheap, fun blasting. I built up a 300blk pistol, and shortly after I finished the build, 8.2" 6.8spc barrels became available so I traded out the BLK setup for the 6.8 since that was what all my rifles were.

A few months after that I got my 16" 277WLV. It performed so well that I decided to sell off all of my 6.8 gear to re-barrel in 277wlv. I put a 10.5" on the pistol and was extremely pleased to find that the 10.5" WLV matches the velocity of my previous 8.2" 6.8spc barrel! I chose a 1:7" twist barrel to stabilize bullets 150g and heavier at subsonic speeds while still shooting supers accurately.

Then the NFA bug hit and the pistol wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    Form 1 eFiled 1/18 and approved 3/2

I threw the stock on it an have been waiting for the weekend! Now that I have a stock, I'll be replacing the red dot with a 1-4x scope of sorts.

The most encouraging news as of late is of a possible, VIABLE supply of 200g .277 bullets. That and the arrival of my Griffin Armament Recce 7 suppressor will make for an awesome deer hunting season!

Now that's an interesting bambi slayer! Looks killer

Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Looking sexy!! Can you explain to me the .277 caliber? I have seen it mentioned a few times here and there on WEVO but Im unfamiliar with it.
    .277 is 6.8 projectiles using .223 cases, think it's something like 90gr's @ 2700 fps in full-size barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uses a 6.8 (.277) bullet in a cut and reformed 223 case, here is some data and info..

85 grain MPG - 2750fps
    90 grain TNT - 2700fps
    95 grain TTSX - 2600fps
    100 grain Accubond - 2600fps
    110 grain Sierra Pro-Hunter - 2500fps
    110 grain Hornady V-Max - 2500fps

Pictured from left to right.

.277 Wolverine

.300BLK

6.8SPC

more info
    http://www.maddogweapons.com/277-wolverine.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at you beating me to the punch, Jason. Farva it's a heck of a round. Uses all the same 223 components except the barrel. Beats the 300blk in just about every category. 16" barrels just arrived go pick one up. You won't be disappointed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome shorty Livn, and yes it's a great little round. In all it could take the place of a 5.56 and 6.8, it's pretty versatile. You can throw the small .277 pills and be in .223 territory or step up to a 110gr and get the energy to take medium sized game or goat loving ISIS members, and like the 300 it really likes short barrels. I throw 95gr. TTSX around 2540fps out of my 10.5" barrel with sub MOA@100. This took 2 deer for me this past season.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice rifle Livn277. I've not had a chance to play with this round, but everything I've read on it has been very good. I wonder if it'll catch on as well as 300 BO? Also wonder who will be the first larger company to specialize in this round?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Nice rifle Livn277. I've not had a chance to play with this round, but everything I've read on it has been very good. I wonder if it'll catch on as well as 300 BO? Also wonder who will be the first larger company to specialize in this round?
    You need to GOST! I think it will and not just because I've been in since the beginning. The round speaks for itself ballistically.

As far as who will pick it up first I'm not sure, but I will say that I'm certain Mark has some things in the works. If you can gauge a company's success by how a person runs his business and by the type of person, MDWS and the WLV will go far!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You need to GOST! I think it will and not just because I've been in since the beginning. The round speaks for itself ballistically.

As far as who will pick it up first I'm not sure, but I will say that I'm certain Mark has some things in the works. If you can gauge a company's success by how a person runs his business and by the type of person, MDWS and the WLV will go far!!
    After I finish my SBR I'm either gonna do a this or a 300 BO upper.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like an interesting round! I loved the 6.5 Grendel but you had to swap the bolt and barrel both. This might be really awesome to get into. What's ammo availability and cost like?
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like an interesting round! I loved the 6.5 Grendel but you had to swap the bolt and barrel both. This might be really awesome to get into. What's ammo availability and cost like?
    Rolling your own is the best but there are companies making ammo for it.

http://www.jbsfirearms.com/mobile/Pr...mo-Wolverine-1

http://www.midsouthmunitions.com/mob...y.aspx?id=1834

Downloads
    Uploads

Rolling your own is the best but there are companies making ammo for it.
    One day when the kids get older and I have a *bit* more free time I'd love to get a progressive setup going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    One day when the kids get older and I have a *bit* more free time I'd love to get a progressive setup going

Start with a single stage and then move up to a progressive. Learn the process and motions before jumping in head first. Some believe me ask Ride about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Start with a single stage and then move up to a progressive. Learn the process and motions before jumping in head first. Some believe me ask Ride about it.
    I have several family members who reload on Dillons. Pretty much got my heart set on a 650. Time is my most scarce resource, so I need to be efficient if I ever plan on reloading. I appreciate the advice though, always good to test the waters

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I have several family members who reload on Dillons. Pretty much got my heart set on a 650. Time is my most scarce resource, so I need to be efficient if I ever plan on reloading. I appreciate the advice though, always good to test the waters

Well that makes a difference. I'd love to have some blue in my life but I need a shop before I do that.