Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

16" Rainier Arms Match Barrel (Rock Creek Blanks)

Rainier Arms is making a limited run of their 16" Match series barrels, but this time with Rock Creek Blanks. As you know, Rock Creek makes some of the finest blanks out there for precision barrels.

Order Here: http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...ck-creek-blank

Description:

Limited Run of Rainier Arms barrels built on Rock Creek Blanks with 5R rifling! Still comes with our 100% money back guarantee within 90 days of purchase. If you aren't completely satisfied with the barrel for any reason, return it for a full refund, no questions asked.

We offer a 1:8 twist to accommodate to a wide range of bullet weights. Guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA with match grade ammo.

Specifications:

Stainless Steel Match Grade Blank
    Length: 16"
    Twist: 1:8
    Thread Pitch: 1/2 X 28
    .750 Gas Block Seat
    .223 Wylde Chamber
    Midlength Gas System
    M4 Feed Ramps
    Proprietary Contour
    Bead Blasted Finish
    Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz.

MSRP: $299.95

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there is interest, Rainier will offer these barrels to WEVO Members for I believe $260. I'll see if they can email me a coupon code for you guys.

ETA, Coupon Code: WEVOROCKCREEK

$40 Off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a hell of a deal. I had a rock creek barrel on a Remington 700. It would put 5 rounds in a single hole if I did my part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's not to like, a barrel with Mustang performance but priced like a Feista.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    HOLY CRAP.

I am definitely interested.

Here is a concept for you UW... please tell me your opinion.

I am considering building another upper and getting that Vortex 2.5-10x FFP to put on it. It will be my paper punching and 600+ yard gun (upper). For a long range gopher shooter would that be better served by an 18" barrel or would a 16" be fine for a .223?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    HOLY CRAP.

I am definitely interested.

Here is a concept for you UW... please tell me your opinion.

I am considering building another upper and getting that Vortex 2.5-10x FFP to put on it. It will be my paper punching and 600+ yard gun (upper). For a long range gopher shooter would that be better served by an 18" barrel or would a 16" be fine for a .223?
    If you do your part, you can hit steel all day and gophers without issue with a 16"

If you want a 18" you'll obviously get a slightly more velocity, but that's a personal thing. Just build both like we know you will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you do your part, you can hit steel all day and gophers without issue with a 16"

If you want a 18" you'll obviously get a slightly more velocity, but that's a personal thing. Just build both like we know you will.
    You're killing me! I have so many things running around my head right now LOL

Do you know if these barrels are treated like the Select line is (for extended barrel life)? I have the Rainier Select barrel on mine now and my best performance to date was a group smaller than a dime (and even then I felt like I pulled a shot). That was at 100 yards with a 4x scope. I am sure that I could best that even with what I have.

Under optimal conditions assuming IDEAL conditions and IDEAL ammo, what kind of performance difference would be seen between the select line and this match line? I noticed the chamber is wylde and not the 5.56, it also has different rifling, and maybe a slightly different contour... but other than that... what is the real deal on 'match grade' barrels....

Downloads
    Uploads
    And do they come in black?

Downloads
    Uploads
    And do they come in black?
    No, these are stainless finish only for now. Limited run. They may do some more, but right now there are 25 I believe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgive my "newb" questions... Can you shoot 556 in a Wylde barrel? Would you want to? Would this be more of a bench gun barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Forgive my "newb" questions... Can you shoot 556 in a Wylde barrel? Would you want to? Would this be more of a bench gun barrel?
    Yes. There are 3 main chambers. .223, 5.56 and Wylde. The Wylde is like a hybrid chamber between the .223 and the 5.56.

There may be more chambers but those are the main three that I know of. The differences are minute but there are differences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Wylde

Most bench shooters would have a straight .223 chamber. But there you are talking about ridiculous accuracy. You will be rolling your own finely tuned ammo built for YOUR GUN otherwise you won't get the most out of the barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    alamo, you might be a great shooter, but personally, I cannot shoot the match vs the select better than the other. I'm just not good enough.

For guys looking to squeeze every bit of accuracy out of their barrel, this may fit the bill though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Wylde

Most bench shooters would have a straight .223 chamber. But there you are talking about ridiculous accuracy. You will be rolling your own finely tuned ammo built for YOUR GUN otherwise you won't get the most out of the barrel.
    Thanks for the info. We still need to try to make it out to the range sometime. This barrel is a very good deal, but I will probably get one based on budget. Ballistic Advantage is giving away a barrel sometime next week. If I'm able to continue my winning ways, I get to choose any 16 inch barrel that they make. They have two 16" Hanson profile barrels. One is stainless steel and chambered in 223 Wylde. The other is a melanite treated barrel in and 556. My preference is to buy a BCM or DD CHF barrel. My budget may put me in the Ballistic Advantage barrel arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    alamo, you might be a great shooter, but personally, I cannot shoot the match vs the select better than the other. I'm just not good enough.

For guys looking to squeeze every bit of accuracy out of their barrel, this may fit the bill though.
    I was thinking the same thing. :)

But I certainly don't claim to be a great shooter...

In fact one option that I was also considering is taking my current upper with the Select Medcon on it and put that Vortex 2.5-10x FFP on this one and then get a CHF barrel and put my 1-4x on the new one.

When you are trying to squeeze groups into .25 inches at 100 yards your ammo has to be just perfect but I am thinking for my long range gun that I envision my current upper/barrel can do that NO PROBLEM. I think in some ways my barrel now is TOO good so it causes me a lot of concern. And it's supposedly not as 'accurate' as this match one...

My brain just wants to explode In ways I have a connundrum of too many choices.

I don't think ANY 1-4x optic actually serves the barrel I have now up to it's potential. Don't get me wrong... I love it but for general purpose shooting with random ammo it's sort of overkill.

If I get something like the mountain series barrel (or something like that) for my steel shooting with cheap ammo... I think that would be more than good.