Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Damage industries has all their bcgs on sale right now. 86 bucks for phosphate or nitride. Aim has nitride for 89 shipped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    "save10now" will get you 10% off too
    yeah unfortunately I wont be shopping for one for another week or two

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    After reading up on Aero Precision taking a majority stake in their barrel manufacturer, I jumped over to check them out and found they had some BCG's on the site as well. Figure if its Aero quality, this should be on the short list as well....any opinions?

http://ballisticadvantage.com/556-bcg-phosphate.html
    I've used an Aero BCG on an Aero rifle for the last year. It's been fine so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Damage industries has all their bcgs on sale right now. 86 bucks for phosphate or nitride. Aim has nitride for 89 shipped
    yeah, i got the email from them on that, looked it over. The barrel I have on this rifle is from them as well, picked it up from Primary Arms during the black friday sales for like 65. think with taking a chance on the barrel due to price, I may stick with tried and true when it comes to the BCG. already have accepted the fact that the barrel may turn out to be a dud, but was worth a shot at that price. dont think I'll be willing to spin the wheel with my BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ordered a DI BCG, we'll see how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Just ordered a DI BCG, we'll see how it goes.
    Keep us posted. I'd like to know how it does

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up a Rainier Arms BCG last year, for some reason I think it was on sale for around 80 bucks. I have 450 rounds on it right now, still haven't cleaned it, just re-lube it before I shoot. As others have stated, I would feel comfortable with a Colt, DD, LMT, BCM, Rainier Bolt for a LE/MIL application, i.e. possibly having someone's life depending on it working. If it is a range/fun gun, feel free to buy whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    There are only a handful of companies who actually machine carriers and bolts. It's almost certain CMT, FN and Tool Craft have been employed to make the BCM BCG to bravos specs (which is top notch).

In the past Colt did not make their own BCG. However in an article by guns and ammo they visited the CT colt factory and it specifically mentioned since Colt lost the contract for the M4 to FN they invested heavily into modern productions and new machines and now produce 100% of their own parts. Under that portion was a photo of a BCG being produced on a mill there in house. I have the article and photos, it's a good read if you'd like me to send it. I'm a Colt fanboy at heart, I'm just not myopic in my purchasing.

As far as nitride, I'm still on the fence as a BCG coating. It cleans easily, the finish is excellent and far more consistent then phosphate. Only time will tell. I'm getting really close to 500 rounds on the fathom and I'll probably keep going to a 1000 for my own curiosities before I review it.. Still no extra oil since I first started and still not cleaned. 0 malfunctions. I want to try a 100 rounds of wolf as it's seen almost exclusively federal 193. So far I'm impressed, my other BCG's would be getting filthy by now..but I'd really like to see someone get 10-20k+ rounds on one to see the long-term durability.

Glad to hear the BCG is treating you well. Ranger Proof has tested this design in excess of 17,000 documented rounds in suppressed and unsuppressed. I do not think anything "scientific" was used except keeping track of round count. Feel free to run wolf. it will handle them.

EDIT: forgot to mention. Nitride is not a coating. I guess maybe the top Iron Oxide (Fe3O4) layer is since it will wear and exposes the diffusion layer. But, its considered a treatment as it diffuses into the metal surfaces and penetrates down around .0004". The shiny spots on the contact surface that you see is the nitrogen diffusion layer, not just bare metal.

We carried C158 individually tested HPT/MPI Phosphate BCGs that were off the same line as the current M16 contract. 100% to spec. Priced at $135 as well. There was not enough demand, so I got rid of the line about 2-3 months ago. Now we have moved onto a traditional style Nitride BCG to take its place. Excellent quality and will be priced at $129.99. Coming soon.
    Last edited by Fathom_Arms; 14 March 2015 at 21:12.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any good deals out there on a good 556 bolt or 2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You really can't go wrong with a BCM, LMT, DD, UCWRG, or Noveske. I own and run all of those, and not one has given me any problems. I also run BGCs with NiB and nitride finishes. They all run fine, but the jury is still out as to whether the extra cost associated with them is worth the money. A standard phosphate BCG has never let me down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just go for a phosphate BCG for now, then once I start other builds and/or URG's, I'll play around with nitride and NiB a bit to see the differences, whether good or bad, and make my preference choice from there. Thanks for all the imput guys, keep it coming!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    ROG Tactical has Daniel Defense bolts for $67.95 + free shipping. Using coupon code "facebook" brings it down to $64.55. Not too shabby for a C158 bolt.

http://www.rogtac.com/daniel-defense-556-bolt-assembly/

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.maddogweapons.com/store/p..._Complete.html

$39.99 for a NIB bolt. I've got 2 bolts from him and they're GTG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AIM has this new Bolt kit on ther web site
    http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?i...fles&groupid=6
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    http://www.maddogweapons.com/store/p..._Complete.html

$39.99 for a NIB bolt. I've got 2 bolts from him and they're GTG.
    C158 MPI/HPT That looks like a deal.