Downloads
    Uploads

300 BLK Suppressor loads

Just got my 762 SDN-6 and have only shot some hand loads. The chrony registered 1050 fps with 220 grn jacketed over 10.5 grns of 4227. My question has to do with the noise level. Some of the reviews I had read talked about the action noise was the loudest sound that could be heard. I am not getting that. Distinct crack is very noticeable.

I am wondering if a slower powder, like H110 will quiet things any better.

Downloads
    Uploads

300 BLK Suppressor loads

Unless you want to render your rifle a single shot you can't get it any quieter. It is quiet loud isn't it.
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 7 March 2015 at 15:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to put 8" barrel in the mix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 300 View Post
    I am wondering if a slower powder, like H110 will quiet things any better.

Quote Originally Posted by 300 View Post
    Forgot to put 8" barrel in the mix.
    Why would you want a SLOWER powder? Why not a faster one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just thinking about pressure spikes and the fact that 4227 is on the fast side of the burn chart. I am guessing that it probably will make little difference, just thought I'd ask. I don't have easy access to a shooting area and load development kind of sucks. I've got some 5744 but it is so dirty I haven't tried it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry that I can't help you much. I don't know much about suppressors.

That said tell us how you set up to do the chronograph test and what you used for testing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you saying you are getting the sonic crack of the bullet? Or is the gun just going bang loudly? All my sub loads do not have the sonic crack... I actually had to get the JP Silent capture spring as the TWANG of my buffer spring was annoyingly loud once I went suppressed. but, there is a bang that is unavoidable - between the gunpowder igniting and the action clanking, that you cannot help.

but no 'crack' of the bullet here

I saw a post somewhere where a guy tested a number of powders, and went with Reloader7 as is was the best combination of clean burning and quiet. I'll see if I can find it, but that is my go to sub load now... 11.6g of Re7 and Nosler 190g CC (in the video) That combo gets me just a tad over 1000fps on my magnetospeed V3 chronograph

Also, be careful with sub loads and H110. there are a number of warnings out there regarding as such, something about the reduced powder load in H110. If you have the chance, try A1680 as it's the standard. I've used A1680, A5744 and Re7 all with success. 4227 did not cycle my 190's but I plan on trying with some 220's to see.
    Last edited by SwissyJim; 7 March 2015 at 18:53.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good thread...i copied it and started another thread for supers.