Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just spotted unanswered questions from mid-February (above).

The M4 is 4.7" in length, whereas the earlier M68 CCO (M2) taped out at 5.1".

Further, per the Aimpoint product description, the "front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device."

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    is there a difference in revisiones with the m4s ? some seem to have the batterycompartment on top, some at the bottom?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the difference between the M4 (high compartment) and the M4s (low compartment).

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    check.thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance we can see this thread cleaned up and reborn as an "Aimpoint Family Guide" in the Resources area?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Any chance we can see this thread cleaned up and reborn as an "Aimpoint Family Guide" in the Resources area?

AC
    Some information you may find useful to that end.
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...QsFFHwq_KhEISQ
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    You've already got all of the heavy lifting done, I see. I'll bet Stick has some phenomenal stock images to draw it all together, too.

Thanks once again for an exceptional lead, Rob. You're a walking "User Review" all by yourself.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    i somehow still like how the m2 and m3 are mounted as compared to the m4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, the ML3 looks hot on the Larue Cantilever mount.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    the M2 and M3 family has a double battery compartment as an option/accessory. silly question, would it also double the operating hours of the M2? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    the M2 and M3 family has a double battery compartment as an option/accessory. silly question, would it also double the operating hours of the M2? thanks
    Its only for storage. IOW you have to remove the weak or dead batt and replace it with the one you had stored.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the M2's and M3's should at least come with a basic mount at their prices. Once you buy a decent mount for especially the M3 series, you are pretty close to what you would pay for the M4, which already comes with a mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The one for me eneded up being the ML3 it has the extended battery life that comes with ACET over that of the M2/ML2 the M4 is a beast bullet proof and takes commonly available AA batteries but it is big I have used all of them but the Micro and I just like the M3.ML3 best overall. That said I plan on getting a Micro T-1 for my next rifle to try it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeky73 View Post
    the M2's and M3's should at least come with a basic mount at their prices. Once you buy a decent mount for especially the M3 series, you are pretty close to what you would pay for the M4, which already comes with a mount.
    If you consider "close" a $100+ dollar difference. You can get an Aimpoint ML3/ADM mount combo for $520 and $656 for the M4 as it comes with the big knob mount. To me there is no comparison and you can get any mount you like Larue, ADM, Bobro and still pay less for an ML3 than a plane jane M4.

Downloads
    Uploads

M4 pricing

When it comes to value, I think the M4 deserves a second look. I just bought an M4s for $572 through Botach. Original price was $672-15%"stimulus" discount. If the included Aimpoint mount works for you, it really is a deal compared to an M3 + a Larue or ADM mount.