Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried lil gun on light supers but always found that H110 was more accurate in my gun. Another powder I've used with good success is Alliant PowerPro 300MP. Very similar burn rate to H110 but I've gotten slightly higher velocity out of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    16" barrel
    150gr Hornady FMJBT
    15.8gr H110
    2.065" COAL
    CCI 41 primers
    "Never forget those who have died; Never forget who killed them."
    -Unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tcoz View Post
    16" barrel
    150gr Hornady FMJBT
    15.8gr H110
    2.065" COAL
    CCI 41 primers
    Any chrono info?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, no. All I can tell you is that when I ladder tested my 300 BLK loads, I tested from 15.5 to 16.7 gr in 0.2gr steps at 50 yds. There was a noticeable tightening of my groups at 15.9 and they started to spread again at 16.1 with slight pressure signs appearing at 16.5. I walked the load back to 15.8 and noticed no difference so that's where I settled.
    As for the OAL, it sounds short but that's the recommended OAL for this particular bullet for reliable feeding out of Gen 2 Pmags. Because of the bullet's profile, it can bump up against the inside rib of the Pmag and cause FTFs if loaded much longer. Actually, I've gone up to 2.085 without a problem but that's about it. My understanding is that there isn't a problem with Lancer mags and you can load them out farther but I haven't tried it.
    -Unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool thanks for the response.Appreciate the info

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lancer mags are good to go - that's all I use anymore for 300BLK. Loaded 190g Noslers, 208g AMAX and 220g Sierra Matchkings at any COAL, up to the magazine limit, with no issues.

Or you can file down the rib on the inside of the pmag - I did one to see, and it worked fine (even when used again for 5.56) but it was more of an effort than I wanted to do once I found out about the Lancers. The more I use the Lancer mags, the more I like them and buy them.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Lancer mags are good to go - that's all I use anymore for 300BLK. Loaded 190g Noslers, 208g AMAX and 220g Sierra Matchkings at any COAL, up to the magazine limit, with no issues.

Or you can file down the rib on the inside of the pmag - I did one to see, and it worked fine (even when used again for 5.56) but it was more of an effort than I wanted to do once I found out about the Lancers. The more I use the Lancer mags, the more I like them and buy them.
    Missed this reply some how, anyways cool, i have almost all i need to get my BO together and wanted to use some different mags then the 556 guns

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mustangfreek, good idea to use different mags for 300 BLK and 5.56 for safety reasons. I actually like the Lancers better than Pmags. They seem to be easier to load because of the metal feed lips.

In case anybody is interested, check these magazine ID bands out. I originally bought them for my 300 BLK mags to help further distinguish them from the 5.56 ones but I like the looks of them so much that I wound up putting them on my 5.56s as well. They're cheap and I think they look even better on Lancer and Pmags than they do on GI mags that they're pictured on. They fit right above the rim at the bottom of the mag. I have red on black for 300 BLK and green on black on my 5.56 mags. Everybody who sees them at the range remarks about them. BTW, I'm in no way connected with the guy who sells them, just a 300blktalk.com forum member.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=179&t=87555
    -Unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or just look at the round....big bullet vs. little bullet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or the simple fact that neither one will chamber in the other. lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Or the simple fact that neither one will chamber in the other. lol
    Some of the shorter .300 rounds will chamber in a 5.56. It's caused some catastrophic results for a few guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard that rumor also. But even when I drove the bullet into the case trying to get one into battery it still would not chamber the round. I have a hard time believing it could ever be inadvertently done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard that rumor also. But even when I drove the bullet into the case trying to get one into battery it still would not chamber the round. I have a hard time believing it could ever be inadvertently done.
    The Rainier Upper I built a few years ago that did the 5k round test, ended up in the hands of a local forum guy. He chambered and shot a .300 round through it, and blew the gun up.

Have the upper in my possession now, so I should take a few pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on the ogive of the bullet. Sharp ogive on a 110 or 125 grain bullet will do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The Rainier Upper I built a few years ago that did the 5k round test, ended up in the hands of a local forum guy. He chambered and shot a .300 round through it, and blew the gun up.

Have the upper in my possession now, so I should take a few pics.
    I want to see that.

You guys may give me beef about the 277wlv but it won't chamber in either 223 or 300....