Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning a BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ You need a hug... you're an angry little fellow aren't ya...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nCarnage View Post
    Plus I have music playing, posters and man stuff. 😋
    Sounds like your man cave lol. And really, she doesn't like that pleasant minty Froglube aroma wafting through the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    ^^ You need a hug... you're an angry little fellow aren't ya...
    I think he needs an internet hug

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob_S is entitled to his opinion, doesn't make them right or wrong. I probably don't get to shoot as much as Rob_S. I've only been through between 700 to 800 rounds so far this year, mostly M855, M193 and .45 ACP. I also hate reloading and stage my stuff before going out to shoot. But I do love to clean, that's the way Dad taught me and it's stuck with me.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I have put 450 rounds through my AR. Im running a Rainier Arms BCG I bought on sale last year (http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-bcg-phosphate). Before I shoot it, I lube it with either SLIP2k EWL or M-Pro 7 CLP. I run a bead on the top half of the actual bolt where it touches the bolt carrier, a drop or two down where the cam pin sits inside the bolt, and spread a thin coat onto the BCG itself when I feel like it. I hate cleaning AR's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, much like rob, I don't clean shit either. Other than my duty weapons, most of my other guns rarely get more than a wipe down and lube.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Honestly, much like rob, I don't clean shit either. Other than my duty weapons, most of my other guns rarely get more than a wipe down and lube.
    WTF? Drop and give me 50 shit wad.......
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't clean shit. Hate it. Almost as much as I hate reloading. And generally anything having to do with guns that isn't shooting them.

I have so many parts that I've bought over the years and the very idea that using them means I have to install them has meant they go un-installed and eventually get sold off.

I used to like/care-about those things, now I hate all of it. I even stage my gear ahead of time so I can just grab this bag, that can, and this gun and go to the range.

I swear, I think some people are the polar opposite, and like everything about guns EXCEPT for shooting them.
    I can't always shoot so I use cleaning/reloading time as my "gun time"...it's also cathartic. Relaxing.

I was one of the military people who didn't hate the repetion of weapons maintenance (as long as leave/passes didn't depend on it) and I still go over my weapons with a fine tooth comb

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Shit send it to me. I'll clean it. Actually thought of a service for cleaning my co-workers duty weapons since most of them don't shoot it until qualification time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Sounds like your man cave lol. And really, she doesn't like that pleasant minty Froglube aroma wafting through the house?

I think he needs an internet hug
    Sorry for delay response. No she hates the smell of froglube for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does use a roller cam pin in their BCG? My buddy has them in all of his AR's and swears by them!
    http://www.pof-usa.com/shop/index.ph...roller=product

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergiveupthefight View Post
    Does use a roller cam pin in their BCG? My buddy has them in all of his AR's and swears by them!
    It's a superfluous added failure point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    It's a superfluous added failure point.
    100% Agree. Plus this is really for Piston Systems. You can install it on a DI Carrier, but you'll have to remove the gas key first. Unless you know what you're doing, I don't recommend that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the C.A.T. M-4 Tool to clean my BCG.

www.catoutdoors.com

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^ I have one too. Me likey!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergiveupthefight View Post
    Straying off topic a bit, but yes, I have one. I was asked to try one out, and did a short review a few years ago. Cliff Notes: It works on a DI gun. No apparent benefit. Requires modified gas key installation.