Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Back Up Sights

It looks like the Magpul Back Up Sights are getting pretty near completion. Richard commented the below pictures are "sneak peeks of the final production units that are going through testing". I would guess that the production MBUS will be released right around SHOT.

I've had a chance to play around with these, and spend some time with them. They are a solid little unit, with no wobble or play in the ones I've used. The lock feature is well done, and there is nothing cheap feeling about them in the up or down positions.

I think the below is a nicely setup Magpul Original Equipment Carbine, but thats just me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They look great. Like many, I've been waiting for a while to snatch a pair. Glad to see they're coming around soon. Should be a great compliment to the MOE line. Now rural LE's can upgrade without spending a fortune.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, for the update. They look nice.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Mantis Guest
    Interesting. Thanks for the preview.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are looking great. Curious how they attach though. I'm currently building a 9mm ar and I think those would be a perfect match for that rifle. Already have moe stock & grip.

Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul

Hey Stick

Can I use them next

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking BUIS, since they're part of the MOE line I'm sure they'll be competitive price-wise to Troy's BUIS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by montgomerygentryFan View Post
    Nice looking BUIS, since they're part of the MOE line I'm sure they'll be competitive price-wise to Troy's BUIS.

It shouldn't even be close. I think you will be able to purchase a complete set of the MBUS plus have it shipped to your house for less than what a Troy BUIS costs, and still have $20-30 left over.

At roughly $100-110 a set, I think these are going to find homes very quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even at $150 per set, the first six months' production of MBUS would be spoken for the moment they leave the door.

Under the $125 price point, these will will even displace sights on my airsofting stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do anyone have any idea when these are going to be available?
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are currently shipping for OEM applications, they should be available for regular sales pretty soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Stick, I had a few questions hopefully you can answer. Can the sight be mounted in the rearmost rail slot and not be in the way of the charging handle? Also, how tall is it in the folded position? I'd like to get one of these sights, but I need to be sure that they will fit my gun/optic setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roughly how much would a front and rear BUIS cost?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Hey Stick, I had a few questions hopefully you can answer. Can the sight be mounted in the rearmost rail slot and not be in the way of the charging handle? Also, how tall is it in the folded position? I'd like to get one of these sights, but I need to be sure that they will fit my gun/optic setup.
    What optic are you trying to fit them under? They work well under ACOGs, and most others I've tried.

Yes, they fit on the last slot, I think every picture from Magpul you've seen is with the MBUS shown that way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I've got a strange optic setup. It's an aimpoint 9000sc mounted in burris ultra high xtr rings(cheap, decently solid setup that gives 1/3 cowitness). The aimpoint sits back far enough that only the last rail slot doesn't have the aimpoint above it. Underneath the aimpoint(3 free slots) I have about .80 inches of clearance if I turn the flip cover so it opens to the side. It would have about .45 inches of clearnace if I leave the flip cover's hinge at the bottom so it opens downward. I hope that made sense.