Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently bought an M&P15ORC (my project rifle) and I was outfitting it in Magpul foliage green (MOE Stock, MIAD Grip, MOE Handguard, and PMAG). I just need a set of MBUS in foliage to top it off. I did a number of things to this rifle already, but that is the part that is most elusive. If you know of a way I can get a hold of anything sooner please feel free to pass it along.

I will tell you one thing I am not a big fan of: Magpul airsoft accessories. I find too many advertisements on airgun stuff by Magpul in my searches--annoying.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, as somebody who is involved with both communities, I think it's awesome that MagPul markets those items - but completely agree that it's unhelpful to be seeing more advertisements for PTS items instead of the normal lines.

This will be similar to the MIADs and such - extreme demand prior to the release, and a lag of a few months before supply can catch up.

I know I go against the grain on this one, but I do wish that MagPul was more willing to sell them at an elevated price for the first few months, and THEN lower it to their intended MSRP (and maybe charge MSRP for LE/Mil/DOD-C the whole time), just so that the stay in stock a bit longer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Magpul is currently shipping, and there are individuals who have already received them. I'm not sure if they are shipping to everyone, or if it was simply a limited release. ]
    Since Magpul dosen't have them on thier website I would assume it would have to be a limited release......... unless you know a little insider trick that you are willing to share.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What does PTS stand for?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
    What does PTS stand for?
    Professional Training and Simulation (PTS) - http://www.magpul-pts.com/
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at these guys....way over priced and I thought they were supposed to be sold as a set, or so I heard.

- MBUS Rear - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=125721740

- MBUS Front - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=125722394

- Set - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130290017594

Does anyone know what the differences between the PTS and MBUS sights are?
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    They come in individual boxes, the sights sell for roughly $60, and $40 IIRC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    Does anyone know what the differences between the PTS and MBUS sights are?
    As Stick pointed out earlier, perhaps the most significant difference is that the PTS sights are not made of the same material.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at these guys....way over priced and I thought they were supposed to be sold as a set, or so I heard.
    Thanks for the links. You were right, way over priced, $160 & $140 each! I will keep waiting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by scumhunter View Post
    Thanks for the links. You were right, way over priced, $160 & $140 each! I will keep waiting.
    Here's another one, but only the rear sight this time.

- http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=125865537

How bad would it suck to only win one or the other in a gunbroker auction, but not both? Check my earlier post on the Gunbroker listings. Right now the same guy is the high bidder on a front and rear and the bids combined total $325---for that, buy Troy "set" or something else.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right now the same guy is the high bidder on a front and rear and the bids combined total $325---for that, buy Troy "set" or something else.
    Agreed - as awesome as the MBUS are, I'd still take a set of TROY's if the price as the same - the strongpoint of the MBUS is the price, and that they will be offered as OEM equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That poor bidder on gunbroker is about to pay that outrageous price for both pieces in about 30 minutes or less......hahahaha.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow the guy paid $325 for them. He must really like Magpul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    holy crap..........I can't paid that much! I love Magpul, and I am absolutely getting an MBUS set in foliage green as soon as they are available at the MSRP, but I would never pay what that guy paid for the set he bought.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    This new guy is on gunbroker trying to sell a Magpul PTS sight set for $40 more ($140) than the Asian Airsoft companies are on eBay ($99) and passing them off as a clone to the MBUS, which they are not a clone of a Magpul product, they're just not the MBUS we are looking for and talking about in this forum. I guess we could refer to the PTS model as the "toy sights" since that is where you typically find them for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=125922394
    - Federalist22