Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll admit - if I didn't already have the TROY's on my range-only SPR, I'd be rolling PTS MBUS. Some airsoft stuff does outlast the crappy firearm stuff for no intelligible reason.

It appears that the PTS is a product of subcontracting to the orient to make models without proprietary polymer materials (makes sense in my head, and companies over there would churn out knockoffs otherwise), so with judicious loctite, the 'toy' sights wouldn't be all that different functionally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'll admit - if I didn't already have the TROY's on my range-only SPR, I'd be rolling PTS MBUS. Some airsoft stuff does outlast the crappy firearm stuff for no intelligible reason.

It appears that the PTS is a product of subcontracting to the orient to make models without proprietary polymer materials (makes sense in my head, and companies over there would churn out knockoffs otherwise), so with judicious loctite, the 'toy' sights wouldn't be all that different functionally.
    maybe not, but I'll hold out for the real McCoy. I like the way the texture looks on the MBUS versus the PTS. The PTS "set" can be found on eBay for about $100 and in black, FDE, FG, and OD.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mag...mbus&_osacat=0
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine walked into a local gun store and made an impulse buy. He got a S&W M&P15 with Magpul MOE furniture for $1200.00. I was stoked to see it because it had a rear MBUS on it. The MBUS is very nice! I am really looking forward to owning a set for my new AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thprofession47 View Post
    A friend of mine walked into a local gun store and made an impulse buy. He got a S&W M&P15 with Magpul MOE furniture for $1200.00. I was stoked to see it because it had a rear MBUS on it. The MBUS is very nice! I am really looking forward to owning a set for my new AR.
    Magpul told me 4 weeks ago that it would be 2 weeks and they would start shipping and a week more for sales on their website----still nothing...............that is all I need to finish my latest AR.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    federalist22,

It looks like Bravo Company and DSG Arms have already had them in stock and sold out! At least that's what their web sites state! Be strong brother!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really need a set in foliage green
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    I really need a set in foliage green
    I'm looking for the same thing. If you stumble across any let me know, I will do the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by scumhunter View Post
    I'm looking for the same thing. If you stumble across any let me know, I will do the same.
    rgr that scumhunter--foliage green MBUS front/rear
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sawtooth Tactical posted that they will have MBUS in BLACK and FDE next week (27 APR). http://www.sawtac.com/

I am looking for a FOLIAGE GREEN MBUS set
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too am waiting for a FOLIAGE GREEN MBUS set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I check everyday and will post immediately when I find them in FG color. I may buy at least 2 sets, although I only need 1, but I might contemplate another rifle outfitted in Magpul FG
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new to the Magpul BUIS thing. Is there a difference in the MBUS and the PTS MBUS?

Also, is the Rear BUIS the same plane aperature or the A2 style?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    I'm new to the Magpul BUIS thing. Is there a difference in the MBUS and the PTS MBUS?

Also, is the Rear BUIS the same plane aperature or the A2 style?
    The only real difference between the MBUS and the PTS version (without having had my hands on any because I would not buy the PTS) is that one is probably PTS and the other is not.......I guess. The PTS stuff is for training systems, like a simunition sort of thing, but people here speculate they would work fine.

I have seen some knock-offs on eBay and GunBroker with windage adjustment knobs on both sides of the rear sight (typically they are marked PTS, but lately I have seen some sold as real MBUS sans PTS markings).

The rear BUIS should be on the same standard plane if you have a fixed front sight--all should line up if you have a standard flat top rail upper with no risers.

Again, I can't be solid on this as I have not gotten any yet.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had both the standard and pts versions in my hands. Other than the markings I couldn't tell the difference. Same goes for their MOE stock. I'd like to see someone run a torture test and see how well the PTS holds up to the standard stuff. Seems to me the only reason they say it's for simulations is to get around ITAR. Although, since they are the same price, you should just buy the standard stuff.
    Last edited by mrwilson; 27 April 2009 at 05:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just received my set from Bravo Co today. Overall I'm relatively impressed, especially considering the price point. I'll admit, this is the first 'flat top' rifle I've owned, all others that I've shot have been A2 fixed handles, but I have had the opportunity to handle the Troy and MI BUIS. For being a polymer/plastic piece, there's a decent amount of heft to them still, I expected them to be a bit lighter than they are. So far, I can only see two minor issues with them to me. First, and I think it's been mentioned already, the front sight post seems awkwardly high. We'll see how it is after re-zeroing the rifle. Second, I mounted my rear in the next to the last slot which seemed to be in the same line as the old factory removeable handle, and the windage knob does interfere a bit with the operation of the charging handle. Of course, I still have a milspec handle/latch, and maybe a larger tactical style latch will alleviate some of it, or just move the thing one more slot forward, but I don't know if there would be a detrimental effect to that. For those that have these already, did anyone else notice this?

Again, I'm damn pleased with them.