Uploads

How about a "Training and Tactics" forum

A forum of this type could host:

Training Course anouncements,

Favorite Drills,

Tactical discusions,

-Just a thought
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats not a bad idea, I think we could do that and stay on target (no pun intended) with the goal of the site.

Let me kick it around with the Staff and see what they think. I would also like to get an idea of whether people would find this useful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    JMO, but I think this could be very usefull, if done in a professional way.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought that this idea had considerable merit -- did it perhaps die on the vine at some point, given the predominant weapons development focus?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Considering there are 2 well known pistol/carbine schools up there-NW where known instructors such as Jeff Gonzales and Massad Ayoob teach, I am surprised we haven't linked up or have a joint WEVO/school day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A training and tactics section sounds like a great idea. The School Announcements section could be stickied at the top so as to not get lost in the noise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    or a place to post courses.

I have MPD coming down to South Louisiana 3 times in the next 9 months. 1 of which is a LEO only course... I dont know if there are any southeastern LEO on this board, but I would like to share the info with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great Idea + 1

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would fit my needs...........

It sounds like the next step in the info chain.

1. product review
    2. build info/review
    3. use and review

I like it.
    "Why the hell would I press 3 for english" ~John Wayne

Downloads
    Uploads
    If done it should involve a lot of pictures and ideally video links. Discussion of tactics and training can only go so far with just the written word.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Being new here, I was just looking for something like that on this site when I ran across this thread. To often I think the emphasis is on gear rather than just how to use it. This is mirrored over in Dodge forum where I can find a thousand threads on "What's the biggest tire I can fit?" or "Who makes the best lift kit?" but very few threads detailing driving techniques in the mud or snow, ect... I recently found this site http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?, which primarily focuses on handguns, but it has really helped me with my grip, which I'm still working on. I don't have a profession that exposes me to firearms and good instructors, so my primary training work is by myself on the range, kind of learn as you go. I also do not have the ends to fly out and attend a carbine course.

I am prior military but I was a navy firefighter, my watch station in port was duty firemarshal and at-sea fire party (Flying Squad) so when ever the even offered qualifying shoots armed watch standers took priority.
    American defense... preferred by 9 out of 10 small countries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like this idea. Just my 2 cents.
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    me too. as an instructor, would be nice to list courses and aars also

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good idea, just have a few stickies of AARs and Upcoming courses in it and a clear outline of what should and shouldn't be in it.
    Last edited by bigcoastie; 3 December 2009 at 11:12.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is a great idea! Being a member of law enforcement and coming from an agency that is led by an admin that is more concerned about budget cuts than it is about providing adequate training to its troops, I would love to have another resource available for local schools. Count me in...
    Last edited by barakmd; 4 December 2009 at 13:38.