Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Muzzle device on 300 BO- Non suppressed

Slowly gathering parts for my first BO build, doing a 16" build..Really the state hunting regs kinda started it and gave me a good reason to get into the round..Handloader so i enjoy playing around with ammo..

Anyways..down to a few parts and wondering what FH or brake to put on it, no cans around so, not sure if a brake is really necessary or a good old birdcage like FH or something better performing/looking?

Go....

And on a second note..after a good priced 556 bolt assembly...thnx

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Noveske KX3 on my 300BLK when I'm testing loads - that way I'm not shooting unknown loads thru my suppressor. it's not bad. But I also have a Battlecomp BABC on my .308AR I built. I do like that thing, but I am getting close to swapping it out for a SilencerCo brake, so I can use my can on it. You wouldn't have a matte stainless barrel would you? Cause that's what my BABC is... hint hint.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I have a Noveske KX3 on my 300BLK when I'm testing loads - that way I'm not shooting unknown loads thru my suppressor. it's not bad. But I also have a Battlecomp BABC on my .308AR I built. I do like that thing, but I am getting close to swapping it out for a SilencerCo brake, so I can use my can on it. You wouldn't have a matte stainless barrel would you? Cause that's what my BABC is... hint hint.
    I think it's going to be matte stainless after he reads your post Jim.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be inclined to go ahead and use a muzzle device that you can mount a can on. I know you're not planning on it now, but you never know where you'll be in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    I'd be inclined to go ahead and use a muzzle device that you can mount a can on. I know you're not planning on it now, but you never know where you'll be in the future.
    Trying to determine a muzzle device for a can you *might* buy down the road? Man... so many variables to that equation. I'd just stick with a non mount device.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shhhh, if we work on him we can get him to buy whatever we want!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think it's going to be matte stainless after he reads your post Jim.
    'course, Cerkote can do some pretty cool colors these days! I know... I'm having my SilencerCo brake done in Matte Stainless!
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol....

Never have had the chance to use a Battlecomp on anything..and my lowly build doesnt deserve such a nice piece and me is broke....So..ya..id like to say a mount for a future can is what i would do, but not even in a position to do that..

I got some grey spray paint somewhere...
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 14 March 2015 at 23:09.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gathering up all my parts for my .300 BO build also Mustangfreak. I think I'm going to go with the PWS FSC30.

http://www.skdtac.com/PWS-FSC30-Flas...-p/pws.101.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a FSC30 on a 16" BO rifle. Too much blast for a round with so little recoil to begin with. Switched to a Triad flash suppressor. I have yet to shoot the weapon with that one in place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the heads up on that Sinner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run the FSC91 on my PTR91 and love it. Out of the box, the PTR's recoil is pretty substantial, but the FSC tamed it significantly. Combined with a heavy recoil buffer, my wife will shoot it all day long. It is pretty loud off to the side, though, as you should expect with a brake. While the .300 BLK isn't exactly a hard recoiling round, I'm sure the FSC will keep you shooting flat. I generally and am not that concerned about the noise level, especially since you don't notice it when you are behind the gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've ran the FSC30, AAC Blackout, and AAC Brake and all have ran well. I'll be swapping over to a SilencerCo brake due to its reported effectiveness on recoil reduction. I also have a coworker with a Saker and SpecWar in 762 who said that I could try them out if I handle the muzzle devices on my own. Plus, there's also the outside chance that MN will change its suppressor laws before I retire...or die.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run the Silencerco Saker Trifecta brake on all my rifles and it works great as a brake when I'm not running a can which is only when I'm testing new loads .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Jason,
    You ever make a choice on the device?
    Jim
    Alaska Fun