Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a decent article around that showed for bolt guns, where you can minimally resize cases, you can go from 8-10 reloadings to 20+ with annealing. I'll have to dig it up.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    There was a decent article around that showed for bolt guns, where you can minimally resize cases, you can go from 8-10 reloadings to 20+ with annealing. I'll have to dig it up.
    I have heard of some people getting insane amounts of reloads out of their brass. Multiple dozen reloads (with a bolt action). It's definitely not impossible to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I was loading expensive Nosler or Lapua brass, especially in an expensive caliber, I would anneal. Prolonging the life of that brass would be important.

Right now, with 5.56, I'm at 7-8 loadings with my "plinking" brass (LC and PSD) with no issues yet. Haven't gotten to the point where it's worth the expense, even with 308 brass. But then again I don't shoot things like Creedmore, 260, etc, or else I would drop the cash on an annealer. For $3-500, I could buy quite a few thousand pieces of 5.56

The only brass related issues I've had are two case separations and it was with relatively new brass that I think had an internal defect